Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Trip around Nine >

Trip around Nine

Trip around Nine

Old 07-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Power Poster

It has worn very well Rhonda,
Old 07-26-2009, 03:26 PM

How pretty!! Isn't it great to be able to look back at our "beginner" quilts and realize how far we've come and how much we've learned??
Old 07-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
How pretty!! Isn't it great to be able to look back at our "beginner" quilts and realize how far we've come and how much we've learned??
This is by no means my beginner quilt! I made this about 10 years ago. I don't have any of what I started with 30 years ago. I used a roll of burlap and appliqued on letters and numbers and backed it with muslin. I don't have any idea where it went years ago. I also remember making a postage stamp quilt for my middle child when he was 4. I loved it. It was my first real quilt. We ended up in a ditch in a really bad snow storm and I had that quilt plus other blankets in the car. When we were rescued I had the quilt around Nathan and when I handed him to my BIL the wind whipped that quilt out of my hands. It was either let go of the quilt or drop my son. I let go. The wind whipped it away never to be seen again.--at least by me.
I made a lot of purses back then and you wouldn't have wanted any of what I made then. They were really not good at all.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
This is by no means my beginner quilt! I made this about 10 years ago. I don't have any of what I started with 30 years ago. I used a roll of burlap and appliqued on letters and numbers and backed it with muslin. I don't have any idea where it went years ago. I also remember making a postage stamp quilt for my middle child when he was 4. I loved it. It was my first real quilt. We ended up in a ditch in a really bad snow storm and I had that quilt plus other blankets in the car. When we were rescued I had the quilt around Nathan and when I handed him to my BIL the wind whipped that quilt out of my hands. It was either let go of the quilt or drop my son. I let go. The wind whipped it away never to be seen again.--at least by me.
I made a lot of purses back then and you wouldn't have wanted any of what I made then. They were really not good at all.
Oh, Rhonda, I didn't mean to imply that your quilt was "beginner" quality at all. I'm so sorry!!! (I was just thinking out loud about what MY quilts looked like 10 years ago...... :oops: :oops:) I'll just shut up now and go hide in my little corner :cry:
Old 07-26-2009, 04:13 PM

Very nice Rhonda. Sorry about your lost quilt! Baby was more important than the quilt, for sure. Glad you still have this quilt. Things happen and stuff is replacable! :lol:
Old 07-26-2009, 04:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Oh, Rhonda, I didn't mean to imply that your quilt was "beginner" quality at all. I'm so sorry!!! (I was just thinking out loud about what MY quilts looked like 10 years ago...... :oops: :oops:) I'll just shut up now and go hide in my little corner :cry:
No offense taken I just didn't want someone to think I did this well when I first started. I didn't think anything of what you said. Sometimes people look at the stuff I make and get intimidated and I want people to know I started very very rough!!! like most new quilters. The things I made back then were not anything I would sell now!! But I got a crash course in what I do now because i work on it every single day and I make hundreds of hot pads and hundreds of bookmarks etc over the last 11 years. I had the owner of the store who gave me hints on how to make my stuff more saleable and my mom would give me quality comments. Make sure seams are solid and won't come undone etc.
I have not made but 3 full size quilts and that was more than 10 years ago. I pay attention to all the advice on quilts that I hear on here. Because actual quilts is not my thing so much. I have a lot to learn there!!
Old 07-26-2009, 06:23 PM

Love your quilt but especially love the story behind it. Isn't that what quilting's all about? Anyone can go to Walmart or JCPenney and buy a blanket--you made a Quilt.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Power Poster

Very pretty and I love that pattern :D :D :D
Old 07-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Power Poster

Thank you everyone! I have always been partial to this design. I love the Irish Chain quilts too and they did influence this design obviously.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:30 AM
Banned

I love it! :D