Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Trip Around the World >

Trip Around the World

Trip Around the World

Old 02-17-2016, 06:32 PM

What a treasure! So glad you finished these works of art!
Old 02-18-2016, 03:20 AM

such a treasure... good thing the quilt tops fell into the right hands, especially this one.
Old 02-18-2016, 04:28 AM

So nice of her to pass the beautiful quilts to you knowing they would be in good hands. Gorgeous!
Old 02-18-2016, 04:33 AM

Lovely. Glad you were able to complete the quilt. I went back and looked again at the quilt tops you were given. Amazing the amount of work put into each one of them. Unfortunate that no one in the grandmother and morther's family is interested in trying to complete (or have completed) the tops. We are in a throw-away generation. I live with my granddaughter and grandson and I keep point out the items (furniture and jewelry) that came from their ancesters and how fortunate to have things from past generations. Not sure if they appreciate it now but hopefully they will in years to come. I know I didn't appreciate it when I was younger. Wish I had asked more questions about family heritage when my parents and grandparents wer still living.
Old 02-18-2016, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Fastpedal View Post
Lovely. Glad you were able to complete the quilt. I went back and looked again at the quilt tops you were given. Amazing the amount of work put into each one of them. Unfortunate that no one in the grandmother and morther's family is interested in trying to complete (or have completed) the tops. We are in a throw-away generation. I live with my granddaughter and grandson and I keep point out the items (furniture and jewelry) that came from their ancesters and how fortunate to have things from past generations. Not sure if they appreciate it now but hopefully they will in years to come. I know I didn't appreciate it when I was younger. Wish I had asked more questions about family heritage when my parents and grandparents wer still living.
I could have written this too. My DH and I talk about our biggest regret was not asking our grandparents and beyond, more questions about their jobs, life growing up, what they knew about the ancestors before them etc. We do have lots of birth/death dates, but few "stories". My DH is writing everything down, including his/our autobiography to be bound for each kid. At least two of our three kids, and the third's wife are interested in family heritage, so hope my quilts and my DH's woodworking doesn't end up at the curb.

You did a fabulous thing, rescuing and passing those treasured tops to those you know would appreciate them and the work someone put into them. So few things are truly handmade anymore.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:14 AM

It's a beautiful quilt. A true treasure!
Old 02-18-2016, 09:18 AM

I can't even image why she would just toss those beautiful quilts/tops, and you did the right thing in taking them and finding them new homes.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:50 PM

what a treasure find, that's very pretty! lucky you, thanks for sharing!
Old 02-18-2016, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

What a fantastic treasure you were given, and the Trip Around the World quilt with 2" squares is amazing. Imagine all the work that went into those quilts. At least she knew the quilts would be appreciated.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:47 PM

Nice trip around the world.