Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Tube Method Topper

Okay, this turned out to be the project from the underworld. The tube method worked fine, all created without a snafu.

First problem...there are four squares and I alternated the center designs...one of the squares WASN'T alternated. Did I notice before I put on the border? No. Removed the offending square and reconstructed.

Second Problem...wonky border. I had a wide yellow and a thin green. (If I had had to deal with this problem in the past I would have quit quilting!) Decided to remove the green and work with the yellow. Better, still not best.

Third Problem....I chose a decorative quilting stitch that I really like. The problem was that it caused some puckering (user error) that impacted the backing material.

Fourth Problem....Because of the puckering, the backing isn't square at the corners and I have HAD IT with this project.

While I love the colors....and love the tube method....I could kick myself for how badly I completed this.

It is now gracing the top of my front-load washer where only I can see it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    I like....you are too hard on your self. Consider it a learning experience. Don't get discouraged. We all have projects that don't go as planned.:)

Blog Entries
    It is a cute runner :D:D:D

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    I think it is nice!

I like it. and is very cheerful colors making laundry fun? ok sorry. :) I really do like the colors

You are all too kind...and yes it will make the laundry area cheery. I'm might even try to mess up another one for the top of the dryer!

pab

Blog Entries
    I like it too!Sorry you had such a tough time of things. hng in there,tomarrow is another day...pab

Senior Member twospoiledhuskies's Avatar
    I agree with every one. It still is really cute. Not all will be perfect - I like it :D