Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulip Bouquet

Just finished this 18x18 mini wholecloth quilt. Does it make you feel like maybe Spring is in the air????

Front
    Name:  Attachment-65127.jpe
Views: 27
Size:  43.0 KB

Back
    Name:  Attachment-65128.jpe
Views: 28
Size:  40.4 KB

Close up of hand quilting
    Name:  Attachment-65129.jpe
Views: 24
Size:  51.8 KB

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Joyce, that is BEAUTIFUL! Another winner! And boy, are you fast!

Blog Entries
    Joyce, I love that quilting!!! Very nice job. What did you use to mark your quilting lines? I'm trying to find out what everyone is using!!

i don't have the patience of a flea and could never do that, but that sure makes me want to. that piece is just beautiful. so simple. i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Joyce, I love that quilting!!! Very nice job. What did you use to mark your quilting lines? I'm trying to find out what everyone is using!!
    Thanks for your nice compliment! I bought it already marked from The Stencil Co. -- right now they are having a sale on discontinued wholecloth quilts if you're interested in doing one :D

the thought of sitting down with a needle in my hand, ready to stab a piece of fabric and knowing ahead of time what it's gonna look like when i'm done, makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up straight. but you're right. i should bite the bullet and try it. right after hand applique. do you begin to see a pattern here? it's the "hand" thing. i looove the look of them and appreciate the work in them, but aside from hand embroidery which i learned very young, handwork scares the beans out of me.

yours is gorgeous. take your bows.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    the thought of sitting down with a needle in my hand, ready to stab a piece of fabric and knowing ahead of time what it's gonna look like when i'm done, makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up straight. but you're right. i should bite the bullet and try it. right after hand applique. do you begin to see a pattern here? it's the "hand" thing. i looove the look of them and appreciate the work in them, but aside from hand embroidery which i learned very young, handwork scares the beans out of me.

You are so sweet!! But are you telling me that you think "hand" is a dirty four-letter word????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is beautiful. Your right, it does make me a little warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing

You are so sweet!! But are you telling me that you think "hand" is a dirty four-letter word????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
    :lol: only when done by me. the dirtier it gets, the less you see the stitches. :oops:

Lovely! I'm so appreciative of wholecloth. A white on white bed size wholecloth quilt that I saw quite by chance on a historic home tour many years ago remains to this day on my top 10 list of best quilts. Thanks for reminding me by sharing the photo of your wallhanging...yes, a slight hint of Spring!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast