Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: 'Turning over a new leaf' OBW

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    firstly I love obws and i love seeing the uncut fabric and then seeing it cut up into the obw. I am just looking for a ruler so I can start mine as have the obw book but am having trouble locating an Australian online shop with a 60 degree triangle ruler. I am a novice when it comes to buying online so am dipping my toe into buying online by first trying to buy locally before branching out overseas...

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blahel
    firstly I love obws and i love seeing the uncut fabric and then seeing it cut up into the obw. I am just looking for a ruler so I can start mine as have the obw book but am having trouble locating an Australian online shop with a 60 degree triangle ruler. I am a novice when it comes to buying online so am dipping my toe into buying online by first trying to buy locally before branching out overseas...
    Hi blahel - you can make the basic hexagon blocks using the 60 line on your regular ruler - you need the triangle for the hollow cubes though! I'd recommend the 'Clearview' if you can get it. Don't get the Marti Mitchell with the points cut off - it's a p in the a! Ask me how I know! :D

k3n
    Blog Entries

k3n
    Blog Entries
    They also do batiks http://www.ozquilts.com.au/hoffman-batiks-$18-metre-c545.html ;)

Blog Entries
    Just found this post and had to tell you how beautiful your OBW is. I am working on a pink and green, wish it had more color.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollyv9
    Just found this post and had to tell you how beautiful your OBW is. I am working on a pink and green, wish it had more color.
    I'm sure it will work out. If you had the second book One Block Wonders Encore, you could consider adding the cubes. I do this if I think an OBW needs more interest or colour. Just an idea. :-D

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10