Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Two Linus Project quilts finished

Two Linus Project quilts finished

The first one is based on an earlier post here: Easy Fat Quarter child quilt I had this beautiful fabric and could not figure out what to do with it and saw this post...perfect!!

I had wondered what a disappearing 4 patch would look like using different fabrics...at the Linus Project meeting last month I picked up "kit"....there were 60 5" squares....what an opportunity!!! MQC has a tutorial on the d4p.

The Linus Project (based on the character, Linus, from Peanuts) is to help children by providing blankets for comfort, security and warmth. All the materials are donated. I did not expect by joining this wonderful group of ladies that I would get so much out of it!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    There is no place like home!

very cute. think someone will be very happy

Blog Entries
    Very striking quilts. I'm playing with the disappearing four patch idea. I like your use of two (one of them looks like two!), three and four color blocks!!
    If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours!

Great idea - I'm going to have to try the D4P and the D9P - those are such simple quilts that look so difficult!

Blog Entries
    Neat quilts! Great idea on the D4P.......I may have to try that with a pile of 5" squares I cut from scraps with my Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
    Great idea - I'm going to have to try the D4P and the D9P - those are such simple quilts that look so difficult!

Same here. I really like the d4p. Have never made one. Something else to add to the list.
    Kitsy

Very nice quilts. Kids will love them. I have made several D9P quilts, I need to make a D4P quilt.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    very nice quilt

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Em View Post
    The first one is based on an earlier post here: Easy Fat Quarter child quilt I had this beautiful fabric and could not figure out what to do with it and saw this post...perfect!!
    Love the FQ quilt....went back and looked at the referenced post....great idea and one I'll file away to use. And love the D4P one too! I started one for a swap on another sewing list but just couldn't get it the right size--needed scant 1/4" seams and couldn't do it so stopped because they had to be the right size to match the other blocks. Want to finish it for myself some day but really like the one you did with the different bright fabrics!

Both are great quilts. I need to put a disappearing 4 patch on my list of quilts to do.

I'm beaming with delight that you used the design from my easy fat quarter child quilt posting, too. That made my day! Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast