Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Two things on my design wall

The sunflower one is a friendship quilt block. The quilt is for my cousin to give his sister for Christmas. It'll be twin size.

The other one is for no one in particular, just something I wanted to try. I'm going to use my stash for this one, so I can start rebuilding a new stash. :)
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Nice colors, can't wait to see it completed. I think that is a good way to trim down your stash. I have been trying to do that too, only buying what I need for sashings and borders. I think I may even try piecing the backs to use it up. I have cut up all of my fat quarters into 2 inch strips because I never use them. I am only going to buy larger cuts from 1/2 yard up, because I think I spend less on fabric that way. If I need a fat quarter for guild or a swap, I just make my own. Buying fat quarter was a good way for me when I first started, but now I have so much fabric and scraps, that I don't find them as useful.

Blog Entries
    Love the color choices!

Pretty

your sunflower block is so pretty. the green corners really set it off. I love sunflowers.

Love them both!

Those are beautiful. How do you know what to make when using up old stash when there are so many different colors and designs; Or do we just need to be creative in our own way?

Pretty blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by SWEETPEACHES
    The sunflower one is a friendship quilt block. The quilt is for my cousin to give his sister for Christmas. It'll be twin size.

The other one is for no one in particular, just something I wanted to try. I'm going to use my stash for this one, so I can start rebuilding a new stash. :)
    Loving both of them, is the blue block and gold block made using the tube quilt method?

Quote Originally Posted by quiltgrammyt2
    Quote Originally Posted by SWEETPEACHES

Loving both of them, is the blue block and gold block made using the tube quilt method?
    Yes it is!!