Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
UGLY SCRAP CHALLENGE  Pics  5/1/10 - 5/14/10 >

UGLY SCRAP CHALLENGE Pics 5/1/10 - 5/14/10

UGLY SCRAP CHALLENGE Pics 5/1/10 - 5/14/10

Old 07-08-2010, 10:57 AM

No, Norbana, my husband is going to serve me with papers pretty soon if I don't get this stash under control as is.
The last thing I need is have a bunch of uglies arrive in the mail, he'd divorce me for sure....
thank you very much,
Muriel
Old 07-08-2010, 11:21 AM

You could send me a few pretties to make room:-D :-D And keep your DH happy!
My DH hasn't started complaining, yet. Although he did ask how many sewing machines I needed. lol
Originally Posted by AkAngel
No, Norbana, my husband is going to serve me with papers pretty soon if I don't get this stash under control as is.
The last thing I need is have a bunch of uglies arrive in the mail, he'd divorce me for sure....
thank you very much,
Muriel
Old 07-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Power Poster

Shoot my DH never says anything about my stash, machines or anything! I don't think he even notices what I make. :lol:

He just says I hybernate in there sometimes. :lol:
Old 07-08-2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
Twisted, I just felt that since you had such an awesome idea and got us all rolling along you should be rewarded!

Make hubby a shirt out of one of those and I'm sure his laugh will end pretty quick.

Have fun! Don't forget to show us your creation!
Creation? Are you kidding me? Some of us aren't as talented as you.

I do have a scrappy planned for the future, so I might be able to work some of them in. I just cut most of them, and I must say that some looked better but others looked even worse than their pictures!

Cjomomma's paisley is really awful, fun2quilt, star, and sewbebit42 are all so 'painfully special' that I had to put them in my bin for future use. I even had to put my piece in there. :shock:

Anyway, thank you for sharing, but remember...what goes around comes around!!! :lol:
Old 07-09-2010, 02:00 AM

cjomomma almost got a surpise squishy of fabric too. I crowned hers the most awful to work with. It fights you every stitch of the way!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:52 AM

Here is my ugly fabric. From a distance it does not look too bad. But as you get closer it gets gross. It is supposed to be fireflies, but it just looks like bugs with some horrible deformity.

I actually used this as a backing on a little boy's quilt, he loved it!

J.

So far it looks o.k.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166382[/ATTACH]

getting uglier...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166385[/ATTACH]

just plain gross
[ATTACH=CONFIG]166386[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-166377.jpe   attachment-166380.jpe   attachment-166381.jpe  
Old 02-04-2011, 10:51 AM

Norbana, did you ever get the back on this "work of art"? I would still love to see a picture of the completed quilt.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:12 AM

No, sadly it is in the UFO pile, but I have been working on UFO's maybe this one needs to be next.

Originally Posted by Terryl
Norbana, did you ever get the back on this "work of art"? I would still love to see a picture of the completed quilt.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:00 PM

I dont know how I missed your answer lol...just found it now. But I do like that fabric...and I just thought it would make a fabulous braided or "clothesline" rug! Doll quilt hmmm not sure that would work...but with your fabulous quilting, I am sure you could do it! Margie

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
Originally Posted by Margie
You are not going to believe this Nancy...but the more I look at it, the better I like it. I would never have thought about it OR never have bought it....and I would have absolutely NO idea what to do with it...but I think I like it rofl

Margie
--------------------------------------------

Look at it from a distance -- it's really a plaid! That opens up a whole new realm of possibilities. The real colors aren't showing to their full effect -- you are looking at shocking pink, electric orange, and phosphorous lime green. Since you like it, the next time we swap doll quilts, I'll work some of it into the quilt. Now isn't that something to look forward to?