Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Cars Quilt Top

Vintage Cars Quilt Top

Here is a picture of a quilt top I completed yesterday.
    I am making two car quilts. One with Model T fabric and this one done with fabrics from "Vintage Cars".
    Both quilts are different. The Model T quilt is for me. This one is for.....maybe I will sell it.

The vintage car quilt does not have a pattern. I constructed it by hanging it up, looking, and walaaa, I will do this to it.

Right now I am happy with the way it turned out. I have the backing fabric too. I will use the black fabric which is actually tires. the binding will be done with the red fabric. It is 70x75.

For the actual quilting: I do have some line drawings of old cars for the larger blocks. Perhaps some feathers in the open light blue areas. The center is a panel, maybe some free motion squiggles to make the cars stand out. Any other suggestions are welcome.

I am calling myself a "Topper". It seems the last couple of years that is all the farther I get on my quilts. Make a top and move on to the next top. I might have 8 of these now. I do the top, get the backing.....

I am now headed to Joanns with my coupon for batting. Determined to complete this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Renea

A quilting I will go......

www.somethinginthemaking.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    Looks big ! It will really turn out so cool when you're through. I have lots of tops that need to be finished too. Yea for coupons !
    P.Jaco
    OKC, OK
    "Trust your experience"

The other car quilt

This is the Model T quilt top.
    It was a free pattern I printed off the internet. I would look it up but I have loaned the pattern out already.
    This was another quick and easy one to do. I am definitely keeping this one.

The fabrics are Timeless Treasures. If you notice the model T fabric is directional so I made the cars fan out from the center. The pinwheels were suppose to be a color with white. I did not want too much white in this quilt because of the way it was going to be used.

There is enough of the model T fabric for the backing. Again, another top waiting for me.

We have 3 Model T's. I will use this one in the car to stay warm. Often we travel to picnics and there is not room for chairs so a quilt on the ground will have to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Renea

A question for you Pjaco, what is the motivation to actually finish the quilt so I am no longer a "topper"?
    Renea

Both are really great!

Blog Entries
    Boy, I would hate to put thos quilts on the ground. They're too pretty.

Blog Entries
    Love 'em, love 'em. I've been looking for fabric like this for a very good friend. Thx for posting. Great job.

Love them! I need to use up some of the car fabric I have. You've done a great job!

That is an awesome car quilt.

Love both of the quilt tops.....would Love to have some of both material as my husband has vintage street rods and we also have a 29 Model A.
    Got-to Love those Dachshunds!!!!!

Quilters STITCH Together!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast