Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Vintage Singer 185k

  1. #11
    Super Member Minnesewta-sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,489
    Nice machine. I just got an 185J this week at a local thrift store for $4. Cute little machines, but really heavy.

  2. #12
    a regular here countrycottage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gilmer, Texas
    Posts
    722
    Enjoy your find!

  3. #13
    Super Member Glenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    2,149
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by azwendyg
    I'm doing the happy dance! This is a Singer 185K that I found on on Craigslist today and just had to bring her home! She needs a good cleaning and oiling, but seems to work fine, and is in pretty darn good shape for being over 50 years old. :-) SWEET!

    Wendy
    I really like the looks of this machine.

  4. #14
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,477
    Oh she's so pretty!!!!!!!! Love the color! Have fun!!! :D:D

  5. #15
    Super Member Candace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    9,573
    So cute. Is this a straight stitch machine? I've thought about adding one of these to my ever growing hoard.

  6. #16
    Super Member azwendyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Posts
    2,002
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    So cute. Is this a straight stitch machine? I've thought about adding one of these to my ever growing hoard.
    Yes, it is a straight stitch machine. From what I've read, its "insides" are the same as the model 99, but has a "modern" outside. Very cute little machine!

  7. #17
    Muv
    Muv is offline
    Senior Member Muv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    819
    Hello Wendy,

    Nice shade of 1950s green.

    It was manufactured in Scotland, not England. Hate to quibble, but I think you'd better change your posting quick before a Scot sees it.

  8. #18
    Super Member azwendyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Posts
    2,002
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Muv
    Hello Wendy,

    Nice shade of 1950s green.

    It was manufactured in Scotland, not England. Hate to quibble, but I think you'd better change your posting quick before a Scot sees it.
    There's a decal on it that says "Made in United Kingdom" so I guess that could be, but the Singer serial number lookup shows "England" so....

  9. #19
    Muv
    Muv is offline
    Senior Member Muv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    819
    Quote Originally Posted by azwendyg
    Quote Originally Posted by Muv
    Hello Wendy,

    Nice shade of 1950s green.

    It was manufactured in Scotland, not England. Hate to quibble, but I think you'd better change your posting quick before a Scot sees it.
    There's a decal on it that says "Made in United Kingdom" so I guess that could be, but the Singer serial number lookup shows "England" so....
    Now I'm puzzled. Did you look it up on www.singerco.com?

    To my knowledge they only ever had the factory at Kilbowie in Glasgow, which is what the K stands for in the serial number. That is why all my Singers are K models.

  10. #20
    Muv
    Muv is offline
    Senior Member Muv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    819
    I've looked up the serial numbers of the 185s made at Kilbowie in 1960. Does it begin with EP or ER?

    I meant to say the K in the model number stands for Kilbowie, not in the serial number. Sorry for making it even more confusing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.