Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Want to see what came in the mail today???  Yummy! >

Want to see what came in the mail today??? Yummy!

Want to see what came in the mail today??? Yummy!

Old 04-15-2008, 06:57 PM

Beautiful fabric! Sometimes I just get mesmerized looking at them! I just wish there was some way to have a "screen saver" for the back of my eyelids so I can look at whole roomfuls, close ups or quilts at my leisure!
Old 04-16-2008, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Wow such lovely fabrics....would you mind if I asked a personal question......approximately how much do you pay for a yard of fabric in the states on average???

Here in Spain we pay about 12-18 euros per yard, I think that is expensive, would you mind disclosing what you have to pay over the pond, so I can be even more envious of all your lovely patchwork shops!! :wink: :wink: :)
Izy, here in Newfoundland, to get the nice fabrics, you can spend anywhere from $10-18 per metre!!! Lately I have been going the online route and I don't know why I didnt' do it sooner!
Old 04-16-2008, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
You must be RICH! I only spent $32 today. :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol:

I LOVE what I got. It was in my hands last time I went to this shop, but I put it back--so I went back in today and got it with 2 solids to match!

I have to stop taking girlfriends to this place. :roll:
You don't wanna know what I spent online yesterday getting fabrics!! I think I need to take on a second job!!! oh wait.. I do have a second job.. my teaching job.. okay I need a third one!!! LOL
Old 04-20-2008, 05:34 PM

Your fabrics are beautiful. I just got their new catalog and was admiring some things in it. After seeing what you bought, I think I'll send in an order. Thanks for making up my mind for me! Have fun with your new stash.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:48 PM

Joy oh day, I love the fabrics in the first photo, those are my kind of fabrics.

But I must say that the Connecting Threads are my favorite by far..... 1200yds to a spool of 100% Egyptian Long Staple Cotton, no lint, no fuzz no knots.... I could do a commercial for them! Every quilt board I go to I sing the praises of Connecting Threads Essential threads.... and when you buy the sets they run under $16 for 10 spools. Geesh, other quality threads run $8 a spool!

You did great!

sue