Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Watercolour Quilt peek

Blog Entries
    That is just lovely--watercolor is one of my favorites, but I find it challenging. You did a beautiful job!

Blog Entries
    I love the watercolor quilts they look like beautiful paintings. The color and design are striking, your granddaughter will treasure it always.
    Can't wait to see it quilted :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Elle, I LOVE what you did with the outside border and applique..Its funny..I immediately thought..I'd do a cross-hatch (with my walking foot) on the applique border all the way around then...hmmm...let me think about the watercolor block...you definetly don't want to take away from the impact of that beauty!

Yup...went back and looked again..I'm not sure that I wouldn't do a cross hatch over the entire quilt! Whatever you choose..it will be lovely I know..can't wait to see!

Your watercolor heart is so beautiful!!! Your granddaughter is going to love her quilt :D

Beautiful!!
    Awesome!
    If granddaughter doesn't like it, send it to me! :) :)

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Beautiful!!
    Awesome!
    If granddaughter doesn't like it, send it to me! :) :)
    Think you won´t get a look in, she has been asking about it bless

Elle :D

Oh well.....maybe she won't really like it when it's completely finished. Then you can send to me. lol

Did you use the iron on stuff? It's sort of like wonder under, but only "sticky" on one side. You put the blocks on the grid, then iron it.

Yes I did, its called fusible something or other LOL Its very fine though and liable to tear, think any other time I will use steam a seam lite. Trouble is the squares on the fusible are kinda handy to work with.

My next one will be a wall hanging and its got loads of fiddly bits in it its called Jade Birds and I got it from Whims.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Yes I did, its called fusible something or other LOL Its very fine though and liable to tear, think any other time I will use steam a seam lite. Trouble is the squares on the fusible are kinda handy to work with.

My next one will be a wall hanging and its got loads of fiddly bits in it its called Jade Birds and I got it from Whims.
    I have some of the stuff for the watercolors quilts. I had someone on the board get it for me. Then, I found more. I have a package about ready to head your way. I'll tuck some in there for you. :) It's not that easy to rip, doesn't sound like the stuff you have, but then again, maybe....

Beautful quilt! Lucky girl!
    Susan

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast