Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding Dress CRAZY quilt

It's done. :) Last spring I thought about what I should really do with my wedding dress. We had just celebrated our 10 year anniversary, we have only boys and we never got the dress cleaned and boxed. So what should we do with the dress that was sitting in the closet taking up space.

Make it into a crazy quilt! :) :) :)

This is my first crazy quilt ever. And boy cutting that first cut was very difficult! :) I made it only into a wall hanging, as I'm keeping the rest of the dress to make ring bearer pillows for my boys when they get married someday. :) (awwwww....)

There is a blue/purple ribbon on one of the blocks that was the ribbon that held my dear grandfather's wedding ring inside my dress when I walked down the asile. He was so dear to me. He passed when I was 16, so I had to have him walk me down somehow. :) (my first born son is named after him too)

So here is a picture of me in the dress 11 years ago and what it looks like now. ;)
    Attached Images Attached Images            

What a great idea--it is beautiful!

You are a beautiful bride! and your wall hanging quilt is beautiful too. What a great way to keep a precious moment. The ring bearer pillows sound like a great way to pass on some of it to sons too.

Blog Entries
    beautiful! Love it!

SEW
    You were a very beautiful bride! Your wallhanging came out just stunning! Just think of all the great conversations that will take place when people ask about it...and you know they will!

A beautiful bride made a beautiful quilt! As the mother of sons, I understand, and what a tremendous idea of passing it down for the ring bearer pillows.

Blog Entries
    Great idea - I have a couple of wedding dresses belonging to my daughter-in-law and my daughter hanging in my guest room closet. I may approach them with this idea (maybe in a couple more years) :-D
    I'm always looking for new and different projects!!

Blog Entries
    beautiful job! I love how you have saved the memories with the wall hanging and the ring bearer pillows... :-D

What a beautiful idea!!! I had 3 girls and none of them could fit into my dress, they are all bigger than I WAS.
    My dress is still in the cedar chest, un-cleaned, un preserved for 31 years now.

a regular here
    What a wonderful Idea. Great job!!!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast