Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Western Heritage Musuem quilt show

Super Member IrelandDragonQuilting's Avatar
    I was in Vernal Utah this week for work, and see that the Western Heritage Museum was having a quilt show! Oh boy, I was soooo excited, I grabbed my camera and headed into the museum. Upon entering they stopped me and told me I was not allowed to take pictures, my heart sank! They told me these quilts were all done by minors and they were a bit worried about showing them. I told them well what about if it is to post them? At first they thought I meant newspaper. I said nope, Quiltingboard.com! I explained to them how many of us are on this site and how we share photos and it would actually get the Museumís name out into the public more, and I would not take any photographs showing the kidís names at all. So they let me! I almost jumped for joy! So I carefully took pictures of all the quilts at the show, making sure that the labels with the names are not in any of the photographs. I was so impressed with these kidís works! It was incredible the work they did and you could tell the time and love these kids put into their work. My heart just soared knowing that more of our younger generations and learning this craft and it will as always caring on. I spent as much time as I could, before they closed for the evening. They have some very wonderful items in there, not just the quilts. One day I will go in and spend a lot more time just enjoying the other parts of their museum. They gentleman and lady who were there were so wonderful! We chatted a bit and the gentleman does cross stitch! His wife does quilting and he showed me these wicked cute booties and maryjanes she had made! Now I am slapping myself for not taking photos of those, I know you all would of loved seeing themÖ Well I put the photos into a slide show, I hope I am doing this right. I didnít want to overload the board and I truly enjoy the other slide shows I have seen that you all have put on here. This is the museumís website, www.westernheritagemuseum-uc-ut.org Please visit their site and I am hoping that they will allow me to take photographs again at their next show.

Here are the quilts!
    http://cid-85eb4414a8266515.photos.l...My%20Movie.wmv

Video wouldn't play for me, darn.

Thanks for the show!

Blog Entries
    The slide show was great and you are right...it is so good to see some of the younger generation learning this craft. Thanks for sharing.

phenomenal work by these youngsters.
    Thanks for sharing

Wow! What amazing work! Saw several "Winding Ways" in the show.

Blog Entries
    Wow !! Kids did these? Incredible talent. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie
    Video wouldn't play for me, darn.
    Try downloading Microsoft Silverlight (it will pop up if you don't already have it) I had to download it then hop out and hop back in and then I could view.

That was a wonderful show...such beautiful quilts and awesome talent. Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to share with us.

Impressed with the curved piecing that most of us long-time quilters avoid. Thanks for your talents in posting it.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the quilt movie!!! I'm really impressed with the work of the children! You did a fab job putting it together! :thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast