Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What To Do With a Pile of Strings

So you think I might be a recycler? These strings ( about 20 " in length) are used to tie the cow feed bags closed. They can cause a big problem if they're scattered where the cows might eat them. So I decided to find a use for the big pile on a shelf in the barn.

I washed them in a mesh bag and DH tied them together. I crocheted the shaggy purse. At first I kept all the knots inside and the outside was smooth, but took it apart and redid it leaving the knots on the outside....liked it better.

I have a pillow top started with them, but ran out of strings ( that was at least 4 yrs. ago ) and haven't got back to it since I've accumulated more.

And become a shaggy purse
    Name:  Attachment-5885.jpe
Views: 72
Size:  62.9 KB

The strings accumulate
    Name:  Attachment-5928.jpe
Views: 74
Size:  54.9 KB

that's a neat purse. guess i'd better pass on the strings. i have too many projects going on as it is :oops:

nanabirdmo.........Sometimes I just have to see what can be done with what appears to be a worthless pile of 'stuff". It's like a challenge. Most of these crazy projects were done before I got a laptop that I can take with me. :lol: :lol: Now I'd be talking to my quilting friends. :lol: I remember DH tying those together while we were on the beach in FL.

Cute, practical, extraordinary, clever, amazing, outstanding, magnificent, wonderful, ingenious.
    How's that for a "string" of compliments! :roll: :P

Minda...I think we're all still giddy from celebrating the New Year :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cute, practical, extraordinary, clever, amazing, outstanding, magnificent, wonderful, ingenious.
    How's that for a "string" of compliments!
    ditto. That is a great looking purse and you made it with what most people would consider trash. Who says quilters aren't thrifty.

Minda...I think we're all still giddy from celebrating the New Year
    I can't even imagine what you might be accusing me of !!! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Your purse really is very cool.)

That is one really cool purse!! I'm so incredibly impressed with your ability to see what can be done! You keep recycling, you're an inspiration to us all!! :)

Way cool!

M

I like your purse! I would have used the strings to make cording or piping or to give my appliqued stems some thickness. I would never have done something as clever as you did with them. My hat is off to you!
    ~Tiffany

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast