Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What do you think can be made out of these.......... >

What do you think can be made out of these..........

What do you think can be made out of these..........

Old 03-20-2009, 12:45 AM

Izy...he just loves the work that you ladies in Spain do. He told me when I go to visit to bring an empty suitcase so I can take home the quilts. lol

He loves all the quilts I show him and I show him pretty much all of them..that is when he is home. If he's not here, well suffice to say, he doesn't get to see any. lol I show him pics of the pets, people, quilts, countryside...everything. He loves them
But he's soo amazed by how small those blocks are. He asked me if I could make them. I said sure, but they won't look as good as yours! :) :)[/quote]

I have an update on the Embroidery you so love I am just going to post it so you can drool and no it isnīt finished yet but not much further to go.

Elle
Old 03-20-2009, 12:45 AM
Izy

:D :D :D Terri, mention to Bill that you can do these by hand, you could make up a little project for him to take to sea in his kit bag, for those long lonely nights....... :roll:

Please thank him for his patience at checking out all our work, he is a VERY tolerant guy by the sounds of it..I DO show John the lovely quilts on the board and he will come over and he DOES look and then says.......... 'thats nice'.......but he has a glazed look on his face most of the time :? :roll: :lol: maybe it's 'cos there's football on the telly at the time :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 03-20-2009, 02:21 AM

I am totally blown away with what you have created using scraps. Great inspiration for me. This is going to be a quilt with stunning interest. If you want I will send an address so you can mail them to me. Ha!
Beth
Old 03-20-2009, 02:38 AM
Izy

:lol: :lol: :lol: You never know Beth I might just be sick of the sight of it when it gets..or should that be 'if' it gets finished lol!!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:41 AM

Izy, for Bill to sew, it would take a HUGE bit of convincing.
Right now I'm taking a break from sewing patches on some "poopie suits and steamer". He told a couple guys on board that I could do them for them. UGH! It's a good thing I like these 2 guys, but they owe me BIG time! lol
Old 03-20-2009, 02:43 AM
Izy

errm 'poopie' suits??? 'Steamers'?? Let me guess, some of his workmates are incontinent, so they are zipped up in those suits like the forensic guys wear?? 'Steamers'.....what we call boiler suits, for working in maybe?? :D
Old 03-20-2009, 03:10 AM

Izy, those are just amazing, I have been saving pretty much all my scraps also. But I think that they have your name on them for I wouldn't do justice to them. Let me know what sizes you take. I wouldn't want to send anything to small. And if I keep them they would probably end up in a dog bed for stuffing or something.

I just love looking at yours and Elle threads.

Machel
Old 03-20-2009, 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
errm 'poopie' suits??? 'Steamers'?? Let me guess, some of his workmates are incontinent, so they are zipped up in those suits like the forensic guys wear?? 'Steamers'.....what we call boiler suits, for working in maybe?? :D
Yes Izy....sort of like coveralls.
They are FINALLY done! These 2 guys have been versed that they will die if they tell ANYONE who did this for them. I don't usually do patches on any sort of uniforms, but this was/is a special occasion, so since I really like these guys, I was nice.....:) :)
Old 03-20-2009, 03:46 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by Machel
Izy, those are just amazing, I have been saving pretty much all my scraps also. But I think that they have your name on them for I wouldn't do justice to them. Let me know what sizes you take. I wouldn't want to send anything to small. And if I keep them they would probably end up in a dog bed for stuffing or something.

I just love looking at yours and Elle threads.

Machel
Machel, I would be grateful for everything you want to send over, the smallest pieces I can use are a 1" square..... :D

The great thing about getting everyone's scraps is it gives me so much variety, it really gives me such a buzz using up all these teeny tiny scraps :D

Have you looked at the crazy patch blocks that started me off with gathering everybodys scraps...here have a look if you missed it :D

Attached Thumbnails attachment-28232.jpe  
Old 03-20-2009, 03:49 AM
Izy

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Originally Posted by Izy
Yes Izy....sort of like coveralls.
They are FINALLY done! These 2 guys have been versed that they will die if they tell ANYONE who did this for them. I don't usually do patches on any sort of uniforms, but this was/is a special occasion, so since I really like these guys, I was nice.....:) :)
What a great gal you are helping them out, but I understand you don't want to end up stitching 200 pairs for all the crew now do you :lol: :lol: :lol: