I painted these white awhile ago. And just got back to finishing today. I bought both at yard sales and cut off dowels running down the front and the curvey bits along the top .
I used an old quilt top to cover foam board and card board for the backs.
Vintage crochet trim
I had the hardest time this morning making that first cut in the old quilt top. But I figure it will be seen and appreicated this way instead stuck in a closet somewhere. It really wasn't color wise or construction wise nice enough to finish.
I am pleased with the result.
Now off to clean up the mess that I pulled out before I settled on spools and thimbles. :-)