One of our local quilt shops has as scrap bin. Oftentimes, they have bunches of scraps from a class that did a single project. They recently did an "Amish" quilt, and magically, in the scrap bin were TONS of 1.5 inch wide strips. I took every one I could find, and started stitching them into squares. I purchased some navy blue background fabric (kinda industrial looking although you cannot tell from the pictures). Here's what I made. It goes to our high school jazz band dinner/dance tomorrow night to be a silent auction item. It's pretty modern--I hope they like it. I quilted it myself on my DSM, and made the binding out of more scraps and background fabric. This is the FIRST I've ever quilted and bound a quilt on my own. I am ONE HAPPY GIRL!!!