Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What I've been up too!!!! >

What I've been up too!!!!

What I've been up too!!!!

Old 08-03-2011, 05:09 AM

I've been so busy. But still finding my time to join everyone here for a while.

In picture #1, I'm trying my luck at making a set of these. They are already sold if I can make them. The lady that made the pattern at http://sewpractical.com is helping me out. She has lots of great patterns. And lots of freebies too! I just love her patterns. I plan on making her rag tree skirt and rag ornie balls next.

In picture #2, I did this top sometime back. I'm now quilting it. I have a second one waiting to be quilted. It's set up in a different color.

In picture #3, is some hot pads I've been making. I've been asked what are the things I use the homespun for. This is one of them. I'll show you my boo boo bags soon as I get some ready. I have a pile ready to finish that I cut and sewed up Monday.

I've also been working on a double wedding ring top while waiting on my puter to download things to read. I'll get a pic of that soon as I get it done. I've already sewn quite a bit this morning. I decided to bring it down to finish it up by hand. I love working on these. Now if I can decide what color I want the chimney pieces to be. The squares that attaches it together.

Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235733[/ATTACH]

Candy Jar Quilt #1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235734[/ATTACH]

Apple/Cinnamon Hot Pads
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235735[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-235727.jpe   attachment-235728.jpe   attachment-235729.jpe  
Old 08-03-2011, 05:13 AM

Very nice. :)
Old 08-03-2011, 05:13 AM
Power Poster

They are all very nice.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

Love the hot pads, would you consider doing a tute on them please?
Old 08-03-2011, 05:15 AM

I have to do two more candy jar quilts. So I will be looking for candy fabric shortly. I can't wait to do a bug one, snack, and so many more. If I can locate enough fabric. Like screws, nuts, bolts, guy stuff, I will make one of those. Plus fruit and veggies. There no end to what you can make with this pattern.

I also have to fish bowl pattern. I've been collecting fabric to put in that also.

These are really fun to make.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:16 AM

You know I never thought of doing a tuterial on those. I've never done one before. I also made up a purse pattern. I was asked to do a tut on that too!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:40 AM

I have been working on my UFO's as I have four quilts to finish and 6 quilted pillows. I feel good now that I can do quilting again after not being able to sew much after ripping up my sholder this past winter. Going to get back in the swing of it again. Also going to work on selling a lot my stash so tired of having piles of it and no place to go with it. From now on will only buy what I need one project at a time.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Deborah12687
I have been working on my UFO's as I have four quilts to finish and 6 quilted pillows. I feel good now that I can do quilting again after not being able to sew much after ripping up my sholder this past winter. Going to get back in the swing of it again. Also going to work on selling a lot my stash so tired of having piles of it and no place to go with it. From now on will only buy what I need one project at a time.
I know the feeling. I have a ton of fabric where I bought a lady out that was moving. I'm still making payments on it. And I want to get out from under that bill. So I hope to put some on here to move it out of my way. Some I know I will never use.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:44 AM

Love the candy jars. I have only seen those as bugs, what a great idea.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by HummerGardenCrafts
You know I never thought of doing a tuterial on those. I've never done one before. I also made up a purse pattern. I was asked to do a tut on that too!
It's not that hard, just take pics regularly as you make one, then write a little explanation as you post each pic. For instance, what do you use to stuff them with? How do you stitch the coils together? Etc. etc.