Some time back, a friend gave me several tubs of material, some cut into different size squares, with a lot of them being 2 1/2 inch squares, a lot of pieces of fabric and other misc. So, I have been busy making tops.
This first one I used the 2 1/2 inch squares and did post the beginning of it, a few weeks back. Here is the completed top, now to batt and back it.
This next one is made with plaids and flannel squares, most of which came out of the tubs that I received, and will go to my son-in-law for Christmas. It will be backed with a plaid fleece.
Then, last night, I thought that I should look through the tubs again, just to remind myself what was in them. You know, senior moment thing, and I found 4 blocks of a poinsettia print. I found some dark red fabric with white poinsettias on it and so, I made this top today. All of this fabric came from the friend also. Needless to say, I have barely made a dent in the stash. I did have a little problem, because the original squares were not square. They were 22x23, so I had to keep trimming off, as I added the borders on. But I am happy with the results, and others will be, also, I hope.
That is the end of my quilt show, and I really need to get them done, because lefsa frying time is quickly approaching, and the family is getting hungry for it. Have a great week everyone.