Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: This is what keeps me away from my DJ, a watercolor bargello, plaid/flannel etc LOL

This is what keeps me away from my DJ, a watercolor bargello, plaid/flannel etc LOL

Some time back, a friend gave me several tubs of material, some cut into different size squares, with a lot of them being 2 1/2 inch squares, a lot of pieces of fabric and other misc. So, I have been busy making tops.
    This first one I used the 2 1/2 inch squares and did post the beginning of it, a few weeks back. Here is the completed top, now to batt and back it.
    Name:  9-2012-Dean quilts 001.jpg
Views: 1974
Size:  1.14 MB
    This next one is made with plaids and flannel squares, most of which came out of the tubs that I received, and will go to my son-in-law for Christmas. It will be backed with a plaid fleece.
    Name:  9-2012-Dean quilt 002.jpg
Views: 2007
Size:  1.16 MB
    Then, last night, I thought that I should look through the tubs again, just to remind myself what was in them. You know, senior moment thing, and I found 4 blocks of a poinsettia print. I found some dark red fabric with white poinsettias on it and so, I made this top today. All of this fabric came from the friend also. Needless to say, I have barely made a dent in the stash. I did have a little problem, because the original squares were not square. They were 22x23, so I had to keep trimming off, as I added the borders on. But I am happy with the results, and others will be, also, I hope.
    Name:  9-2012-poinsetta quilts 003.jpg
Views: 2015
Size:  1.08 MB
    That is the end of my quilt show, and I really need to get them done, because lefsa frying time is quickly approaching, and the family is getting hungry for it. Have a great week everyone.
    Last edited by spartan quilter; 09-23-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    A home is built of peace and love,
    and not of wood and stone,
    a place where happiness lives
    and memories are sewn.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful creations. Amazing what can be done with a box or 2 of odds and ends

Blog Entries
    You have done a great job of making art out of your "gift boxes". The are all so pretty.

Amazing work!

Blog Entries
    Wonderful use of fabrics from your friend. Off topic, but could you please tell me how to make lefsa? My mother used to make it for us kids and I don't remember how she used to make it.
    Nikki in MO

Such beautiful work
    will quilt 4EVER

Each one looks very nice.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Just wonderful, great job and thank you for sharing.
    Have a Blessed day
    Ellen

Blog Entries
    Oh my! You have been busy! You have made delightful excellent use of the stash you were given! I love bargellos, so anytime I see one I kick up my heals! Your SIL quilt is soooo manly - he will love it! And what you did with the poinsettias is so lovely! How many more creations will you come up with? Can't wait to see - have fun!

Blog Entries
    love them all, what a great way to use scraps.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast