Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: What to make with hankies

My hubbys aunt gave me aprox. 24 of his grandmother and great grandmothers cloth hankies any ideal for a quilt?

Blog Entries

I have a book, "Handkerchief Quilts" by Pat Long Gardner that has some neat projects. I believe it is out of print but you can find it on Amazon. I've also seen some cute little girls' quilts made with folded, frilly handkerchiefs for some of the blocks. I'm sure someone would know what I mean and have a link.

I haven't done anything with hankies,but I have seen some beautiful butterfly hankie quilts.

Blog Entries
    Here is a Valentine's Day quilt I saw at the Smithtown Stitchers show made out of vintage hankies. I love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks for suggestions,I think that I still have magizine with Butterfly pattern instructions,will start hunting tommorrow.Wish me luck.But even if I find Mag. will not be starting anything new as my darling hubby is going to start working on improving my sewing room.We bought 3 (three drawer & one undersink type ) cabinets today and he is going to install next friday & saturday as birthday present!!!!!