Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: what would you charge a client for this...

Unhappy what would you charge a client for this...

I drew up the pattern, quilted it etc which involved a lot of sewing. See the picture. It is a memory heart tree wallhanging involving using the client s grandfather s fabrics that he used in his tailoring business. Most of the fabrics were almost impossible to work with but I struggled thru it. What more it had to be done within three weeks so I forsaked everything. It is 36 by 42. I had to buy the other fabrics as well as battings which came out to $36.10 not including the stuffs to make a pattern. Now what would you have charged the client for this. Thank you for your advices. sorry dont know how to make the picture smaller
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Pokergal3

I even quilted the background and included a custom made label on the back for the quilt and also dont know if you can it but even had loops for hanging on a rod per client s request.
    Pokergal3

it's beautiful. $200 minimum, and they would be getting a steal.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

did you talk about the price at all before you made it, what was your conversation with your client? By the way it is quite lovely.

Blog Entries
    Your quilt & pattern are stunning. I agree with DebraK on the price.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

Thank you for your replies. Yes we did talked about the prices and I had told her it would be $125 plus cost of fabrics etc. She said fine no problem!!! I may even pay you more than that. I had let her know it was ready for pick up and gave her the costs plus 20 percent discount which came to $126 She said no way only $60. I gave her some links to check out what others are charging for the same size wallhanging but very simple pattern on it. She has not gotten back to me yet.
    Pokergal3

Yes we had a talk about the pricing and she said over and over it was good perfect etc!!! and now she only wants to pay $60 for the whole thing. What a joke!
    Pokergal3

$200 plus the cost of your expenses..the fabric, batting, whatever, that added up to another $36.10...and you need to allow a bit for what you said you didn't charge for the pattern-making. Harsh? No, reality.

PS....Next time, get a GOOD deposit before you do anything...
    Last edited by momto5; 11-25-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pokergal3 View Post
    Thank you for your replies. Yes we did talked about the prices and I had told her it would be $125 plus cost of fabrics etc. She said fine no problem!!! I may even pay you more than that. I had let her know it was ready for pick up and gave her the costs plus 20 percent discount which came to $126 She said no way only $60. I gave her some links to check out what others are charging for the same size wallhanging but very simple pattern on it. She has not gotten back to me yet.
    Sounds like you had a verbal agreement for the price of the item and she is backing out of that agreement. Keep the wallhanging until you get the price that was originally agreed upon.

Blog Entries
    First of all, it is just beautiful!
    Just read your second post. DO NOT let her pay less than the $126. She's robbing you at that. If she won't pay that, then keep it for yourself.
    Last edited by PaperPrincess; 11-25-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Page 1 of 20 1 2 11 ... LastLast