Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What would you do with this fabric?

What would you do with this fabric?

I have an idea in my head, but thought I would consult the experts, lol. I am making a raffle quilt (or two, time permitting) for the VW Bug club my husband and I belong to. This fabric was donated to the club by someone I don't know how long ago, and it was given to me to make the quilt from. I would like to do something that looks kind of traditional in a beginner/light intermediate skill level that doesn't take too long. I was thinking the size of a stadium throw for time's sake as the event is in September. Any pattern ideas? The Gina does not like to applique but she doesn't mind to fussy-cut. Thanks in advance for your ideas, and as always I love looking at everyone's pics!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    She looks for wool and flax And works with her hands in delight.

fussy cut the cars and make stare blocks with the fussy cut cars in the center and use it for borders as well.

Blog Entries
    I love the BQ pattern (scroll down) but there are probably some other patterns here that would work too
    http://www.mapleislandquilts.com/quiltpatterns.asp
    The biggest risk is the one not taken

I made this quilt a long time ago out of the car fabric, I picky cut the cars. If you want the name of the book it was in let me know and I will find it.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Blog Entries
    A quick and easy pattern is Take Two. Just google "Take Two Quilt pattern". I am currently making that pattern using a large patterned fall themed print and a single color batik for the side pieces. I will be putting a narrow black border and than a wider border of the print around it for more size.

Blog Entries
    yes fussy cut it... or find a pattern that would show case big pieces of fabric

Warm Wishes works for fussy cut squares too.
    Ruth

Blog Entries
    double 4 patch. fussy cut the cars and 2 other fabrics, will make it, real easy
    WINO
    (a nickname that I have had all my life)

Here is one I made using these cute little carsName:  VW Quilt.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  99.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Prissnboot View Post
    I have an idea in my head, but thought I would consult the experts, lol. I am making a raffle quilt (or two, time permitting) for the VW Bug club my husband and I belong to. This fabric was donated to the club by someone I don't know how long ago, and it was given to me to make the quilt from. I would like to do something that looks kind of traditional in a beginner/light intermediate skill level that doesn't take too long. I was thinking the size of a stadium throw for time's sake as the event is in September. Any pattern ideas? The Gina does not like to applique but she doesn't mind to fussy-cut. Thanks in advance for your ideas, and as always I love looking at everyone's pics!
    Just cut 10" blocks and sash with one or two of the main colors. You ought to be able to get a couple done fairly quickly that way. Then tie them instead of quilting.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast