Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What is on your sewing table? >

What is on your sewing table?

What is on your sewing table?

Old 07-26-2012, 04:10 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Tracy! So much in one post! We are alike! I too have my own tools! Use them and not my DH's! See "clear" tub for stash. Wish i knew how to do your first quilt..one binding! Anddddd, you must not have a sewing room. We are twins! Ha ha.
Signed, hobby bee always working on more than one thing!
Ell
Old 07-26-2012, 04:52 AM

Location: Standing in front of Walmart begging for fat quarters

Nope, my sewing space used to be the family room adjacent to the kitchen. DH converted our garage (mind you garages in Alabama are HUGE and could fit 3 cars, tools, and laundry/misc storage) into an apartment for his mother. When he built her shower, we had to move the washer and dryer upstairs into the family room. We also have a dining room we never use so we converted it into our office. Formal living room is now family room. After all, we simply are not that formal! I never saw the use in a room that never gets used . DH also built me a workshop outside, complete with heat and AC, but guess what? It's so crammed with his misc tools and crap that my work benches are swallowed up! Well, he does need to keep his tools out of the rain and since the metal shed leaks, his table saw, compressor, misc other saws and tools need a place to live. Sure I clean it up once in a while. He is so grateful that he can now cram more crap in there. One day I will get some use out of my never-used band saw!

Do share what your other hobbies are, or at least point me in the direction for the correct thread

Last edited by sew_Tracy; 07-26-2012 at 04:53 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-26-2012, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by renee765 View Post
I'm working on a traditional Hawaiian quilt for my son and soon-to-be daughter in law. They are getting married in Hawaii, and are the type of couple that already have 'everything' so I am going to give them something unique. I took a class through Quilt University to learn about this, and so far I have finished sewing the huge applique and am now doing the border. All has been by hand. Their wedding is next May, and I hope to goodness I started it soon enough to get it done in time. [ATTACH=CONFIG]351287[/ATTACH]
This is beautiful!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:56 AM

Default On my sewing table

[ATTACH=CONFIG]351552[/ATTACH]
This is my project on my sewing table. I just have free motion design to do. Done with stitch in the ditch.
Attached Thumbnails img_5500-copy-2-.jpg  
Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by chairjogger View Post
This is what I am working on.. Please share what is on your sewing table?

Grandmother's Flower Garden, tummy time baby blanket for Miss Scarlett that is getting too old for this ! I plan on keeping it at my house, for when she visits..

A favorite pattern, labor intensive but so fun to find each fun fabric print flower among the garden.

Please, used advanced post and share what you are working on .

Love to see the differant projects inprogress.

Ell
I love this. Stashed away in a drawer is one of my labor intensive projects, my Cathedral Windows. SO far it is about pillow size. Hand sewing the panes in, but machine sew each folded "pane." It takes oodles of muslin to make one of these, but no quilting
Old 07-26-2012, 05:09 AM

I'm working on wedding quilt for my oldest son, already named it "The Dresden Blues". I ain't postin pic because I'm a big fat lazy hog! LOL! no really, i've decided not to post a pic until it is COMPLETELY DONE. We'll see if I make it! Love seeing ya'lls tho! I definitely see a GFG in my future, they are so very beautiful!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:11 AM

Default two of WIP

1st pic is of GFG that I started last April when I was still driving my 18 wheeler. It was what I worked on when I was being loaded & unloaded & now it's my TV time project. I've got 14 more flowers to go out of 110 til finished. 2nd pic is titled "These colors have no fear". It'll be a wallhanging & a show quilt with HEAVY quilting on it. GFG is all done by hand, Eagle's flying geese is 3-D.
Attached Thumbnails gfg1.jpg   eagle1.jpg  

Last edited by Cindy60545; 07-26-2012 at 06:14 AM. Reason: left something out
Old 07-26-2012, 06:24 AM

I'm doing flying geese. Still have about 200 to go. No, I don't use any tools or special ways of cutting, just do it the
old fashioned way. There will be 2 rows of them framing a log cabin quilt I've made for our bed. My DH is so excited to finally have a quilt for us!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:36 AM

an UFO xmas quilt from 1995 which I just finished quilting and I am now binding (photo to follow) a pink scraps quilt, Dutch tile blocks, and DJ patterns to be done next. Variety is my motto!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:49 AM

Just lovely, great job and thank you for sharing.
Have a Blessed day
Ellen