Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
What is on your sewing table? >

What is on your sewing table?

What is on your sewing table?

Old 07-26-2012, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by kensington View Post
Linda... I Can post tutorial with pics when I do my next one, but basically... it's this simple... 2 1/5 yards of 60 inch fabric, I used Jersey Knit, fold your selvages under and sew them down, Lay down inside out, folded over as a pillow sham is folded. But, just so a standard pillow will lay end to end across the folded fabric. Sew the ends closed, and turn the long giant sham right side out. Lay out flat and nice, mark across at 21 inch intervals down to make your pillow cases for each one. It's 3 seams for four pillows. That's it! Slip your Standard pillows in and it's done. They fold easy and can be tied with a ribbon to store or gift.

Thank you. Two of my grandkids have birthdays in December so I have plenty of time. Thanks for the idea and for posting a tutorial.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:31 PM

Let's see, what's on my sewing table? NOTHING!!!! Yeah!!! I have just finished and delivered a graduation quilt and three very different table runners to family in Texas. I have a beautiful Lone Star that I am making with Nature's Notebook fabrics that I must bring out again now that those other four projects are done. Will post pictures soon of those projects -- I am very happy with them.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj View Post
Whats on my sewing table? Looks like half my sewing/craft room! I finally had enough! LOL
Very much my answer, too. Except that everything is on the work table. In fact, I used a bit of desk space to cut out some dresses for the grands because there was no space on the work table. I have since cleared off a little and finished a quilt top. I've promised myself that I'll finish finding the worktable when this quilt is done. I think there are three projects started that I will complete and clean up after.
Forgot to add that I've really enjoyed this post!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:29 PM

Loved seeing everyone's projects! What's on my sewing table. Absolutely nothing!! I'm cutting out fabric for 2 table runners, one of my least favorite things to do so I'm just poking along. So here's my table, empty and forlorn. Heck, here's my entire living room as well!
Attached Thumbnails dsc01578.jpg  
Old 07-26-2012, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by kensington View Post
I made this yesterday for my grand daughter, and I bought fabric today to make one for one of my grandsons. I plan to make one each pay day until I have 8 of them for Christmas for all of my grandkids. Pillow beds for nap time or TV time.

The other thing on my table... I'm cutting 7 inch charms from tons of fabric scraps to make an I SPY quilt for one of my grandsons. It's his turn to get one, four grandkids got them for Christmas, and two had their already. He wants one so badly.

Love this idea. Thanks for sharing. Could be great to have a few of these hiding under the kids beds for when friends come over. Funny they squeeze themselves into a twin bed kicking and elbowing each other...this sure would help put a stop to that and let them spread out a little. Plus they can use them to lounge around the living room on or use while playing their video games. May just have to grab me some extra pillows the next time I'm out.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:01 PM

Well, I can tell you what's on my sewing table, but I can't show you, as it is a mug rug for the next contest here on the board and no photos allowed ahead of time. Also, adding some D9P blocks to my DGS's quilt as it was just too small so I took the border off to add more blocks which are also on the sewing table ready to be resewn into blocks now. This is for his quilt I call Seasonal Greens which was previously posted here on the board. I will add a photo here again just to show you all.[ATTACH=CONFIG]351670[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails seasonal-lengthwise.jpg  
Old 07-26-2012, 07:26 PM

Need to finish borders on my tulip quilt I worked on at my quilting retreat. I'm going with something dark, I think.
Attached Thumbnails img_0433-resized.jpg  
Old 07-26-2012, 07:27 PM

I would share a picture of what is on my sewing table, but I can't figure out how to do that. LOL. I am working on a king size log cabin quilt (ready for the borders). I also have 6 Project Linus quilts and A lap quilt ready to quilt.

There is also a large hairy cat in the middle of everything! LOL
Old 07-26-2012, 08:21 PM

On my sewing table...I have two squares of a Civil War era quilt, several blocks of a dinosaur quilt I am piecing for my 4 year old grandson, and a lighthouse wall hanging almost done.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:39 PM

My table is empty, however tomorrow I'm planning on doing some sun printing. Then if that fabric turns out, it'll get cut apart and made into a landscape for my guild's President's Challenge I've also got plans (in my head) to make a quilt about me, for a small group challenge called "Remember Me" for Sept.