Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: And when I need a break? Invent!

Blog Entries
    Tired of poking fingers using pin dish. Pincushions have a way of skidding into the unknown for me or need to be constantly moved out of the way. Little finger pincushion handy but small.

Voila! Pincushion made out of baby food jar lid (that must be very ancient - GS is 10) following some instructions given to me by lovely people on this board when I wanted to make a finger one.

I found a little piece of plastic strip magnet and some removable adhesive to fix it to the machine with. Now pc is right there and can be taken off easily if I need it to!

Flashlight you may notice? Anybody else have trouble seeing under dark fabric to cut dark bobbin thread? Or seeing into the bobbin race to check how much thread is left? Works for me!

Magnet stuck on
    Name:  Attachment-163361.gif
Views: 19
Size:  79.4 KB

Handy pin cushion!
    Name:  Attachment-163362.gif
Views: 36
Size:  81.4 KB

Blog Entries
    Cute and useful too!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Kitsie, great ideas! Thanks :D:D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Kitsie, great ideas! Thanks :D:D
    Hi Sue! Now pardon me while I try to get all this glue off of my hands!! Sure could have used you for an extra bunch of fingers!

neat, my youngest is 14 wonder if I clean back of junk draw I'll find a lid!!!

Blog Entries
    Sounds neat, and I really hate to rain on your parade, but I don't
    really think that having a magnet that close to a computerized machine is a good idea.

Or maybe these days they are better protected. I'm usually behind the times anyway, so please correct me on this.

Great ideas!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    really think that having a magnet that close to a computerized machine is a good idea.

Or maybe these days they are better protected. I'm usually behind the times anyway, so please correct me on this.
    I was wondering about that Ramona! Doesn't seem to hurt the fridge! LOL I tried to make it as small as I could and seeing as the casing of the machine is not metal so there's a buffer of a gob of adhesive ... well, lets just hope! I'll keep and eye on it and let you know if any problems. Thanks for input!

And to quiltlonger - No, no don't go back there! Ya just never know what lurks!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd

You are right about not putting a magnet on it. But it really is a neat idea!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks friends! All is well and I don't really want to take a chance on screwing up my dream GQ machine. Because of the "Power Tack" it's very easy to remove the magnet from it and just stick the pincushion to it instead. Had feared it would be in the way of the soft cover I made for it, but no the pins are completely out of the way.

I hear and obey!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast