Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Wish this was my sewing room >

Wish this was my sewing room

Wish this was my sewing room

Old 02-02-2010, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by lisalovesquilting
Wow! I want to visit. What is in all the little white baskets?
The baskets in the hutch hold her embroidery thread. She has them in numerical order. She has each label marked with the thread assignment number so when she pulls her thread, she knows exactly which basket it would be in and then also helps when she puts them back. I've always thought my mom was a bit OCD...I think I now have proof!!
Old 02-02-2010, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
Love the room and the doggies are divine! Are they grumpy schnauzers or happy schnauzers? Our Tara (R>I>P) was a sunny happy schnauzer. Gus who is 9 has been grumpy since 8 weeks old!
They are actually happy schnauzers!! Shelby was found at an interstate rest stop..abandoned. She was given to me originally. I took her to my mom's to show her. She had one scnauzer at the time...Schatsi. Mom fell in love with her. She told me...you know if you put a bow on her head, she would be a great mother's day present. She was joking of course...However, I went over on Mother's Day and mom saw Shelby...with a big red bow on her head!! She just looked at me and said...."Does that mean what I think it does??" She was in tears!! Needless to say...mom was thrilled. The vet determined that Shelby was about 1.5yrs old when we found her and looked to have had 2 litters already!! She was more than likely from a puppy mill and abandoned when she could no longer be of use to them. A sad beginning, but she has had a great life since then. She is now about 10-11yrs old.

Morgan - or should I say Demon Dog- is another story. mom got her at 6mos from a local breeder after she had to put her beloved "baby girl" Schatsi down. She suffered from Cancer of the Kidneys.. The breeder could not sell Morgan because she has an underbite...I think it's cute. She does not like strangers or little kids...she tries to bite. She actually bit the guy that was working in my parents house. He had been there all day..he was coming in to talk to my dad and she bit the guy on the leg. She is now over a year and is getting better, she no longer bites. We figure since she was so long at the breeder she didn't get enough socialization and who knows how visiting kids treated her. She is very tiny and she suffers from a Napoleon Complex. LOL She is very spoiled now and the love of my mom's life.. Mom tells me they are my "sisters". They both are really good and loving dogs. They follow mom everywhere!!
Old 02-02-2010, 07:39 PM

when you get tired of the little doggies or need a doggie sitter just send them to me and i'll be more than happy to take care of them, i love animals especially doggies lol :lol:
Old 02-03-2010, 03:51 PM

I WISH I HAD THAT MUCH ROOM. ALL I HAVE IS A CORNER IN MY DINNING ROMM.VERY NICE ROOM.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:51 PM

I WISH I HAD THAT MUCH ROOM. ALL I HAVE IS A CORNER IN MY DINNING ROOM.VERY NICE ROOM.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:53 PM

I WISH I HAD THAT MUCH ROOM. ALL I HAVE IS A CORNER IN MY DINNING ROOM.VERY NICE ROOM. WOULD YOU LIKE TO ADOPT A FEW NEW DAUGHTERS,THAT LIKE TO QUILT.