Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Wonder who made this sweet quilt? >

Wonder who made this sweet quilt?

Wonder who made this sweet quilt?

Old 08-20-2012, 08:33 AM

So sweet~~!
Old 08-20-2012, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
i again feel i need to weigh in- i have made some pretty wonderful quilts to donate to goodwill, challenge mountain, the women's resource center- hoping someone who does not have alot of funds will find them & want to take them home & have something special-
just because it was found in a thrift store does not mean it was (thrown away) , neglected, un-appreciated,
i know i am not the only quilter out there who donates beautiful quilts to thrift stores on a fairly regular basis...i really never thought doing so would (induce) such negative opinions toward whom ever donated a (rescued) treasure. I donate them hoping the person who finds & buys it simply can not afford to shop elsewhere- but certainly deserves beautiful quality items to provide their families/babies/kids with.
It is very possible something like this happened. The shop I found it at is run and operated by a church here in the area. I may ask the nice woman who runs the store when I stop back in. You are doing a wonderful thing to make and distribute quilts to shops like this. I heard the shoplady telling that next Sat., she would have a free clothing day for anyone who needs children's clothes. And she has a clean and nice shop. My mother saw this quilt and couldn't believe how lovely it is-she said it would make a great gift and it would, but I'm in love with it! I think it might need a baby, too!

I had to edit this so you all would understand I won't be having the baby for the quilt!!

Last edited by jillnjo; 08-20-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:29 PM

Good for you !!! I too am just blown away by such beautiful things like this that are discarded. The stitching is so tiny and perfect and the pattern is precious. The person that made it was truly talented and it is so sad that it was not kept as a family heirloom. But I am thrilled for you to rescue it - ENJOY.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:12 PM

What a wonderful $3 purchase, I am so glad it has found a home who appreciates it.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

Oh, how adorable! Bless your heart!!!