This is the quilt I made from scraps and remnants using the "V" method from a quiltville.com pattern. I had such problems with the panels stretching from the bias cuts. Since then I found a book with this pattern and she suggested stay stitching around the panels before trimming. I might try that next time. I quilted it a lot, which helped, and washing and drying helped, but there are parts where there are sort of "bubbles" because even though I thread basted very close, I could never get it totally flat. Since it is for me to use on the couch, I am not fretting over it, but if it were for someone, would have ripped, regrouped, or started over. I did learn a lot and got to practice FMQ on the dinky mechanical Brother, Walmart quality, which is a nice machine. I didn't even use the slippery slider thing and it worked fine.