Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Wounded Warrior Quilt

Finished my first quilt for the Wounded Warrior program. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to present it to the receipient at the local VA hospital. I know I'll cry!

I've got the next WW quilt partially done and have attached a preview of the blocks. The blocks will alternate red corner/blue corner and there will be sashing (the off-white with blue stars) between the blocks.

Wounded Warriors Finished
    Name:  Attachment-80669.jpe
Views: 653
Size:  54.3 KB

Blocks for next WW quilt
    Name:  Attachment-80670.jpe
Views: 652
Size:  64.5 KB

Blog Entries
    awesome, thanks for sharing and for making the quilts for the wounded soldiers

Great quilts for a great cause. Your tears will be tears of joy, not sadness this time.

Beautiful quilt!!! Thanks so much for caring for our Service men and women!!!

Thank you for the replies. It's something I feel very strongly about. Yes - will be tears of joy I'm sure!

Glorious quilt...and the other two blocks are fantastic. I am sure the recipient will treasure it.

I had not quite realised the extent/how many wounded American service persons there are from the current conflict/s. I watch television whilst ironing and caught part of an Oprah programme in which Oprah was visiting with wounded service personnel and discussing the statistics. I was stunned...they were all so young and so very brave. As a mother my heart goes out to them and their families. I am sure the quilts made so lovingly will help them immensely in their recovery and give them comfort during the tough days.

My inspriation comes from an AF Colonel with whom I work. He has expressed to me how much these warriors really appreciate and cherish even the slightest effort to recognize their sacrifices. Making quilts for these brave and self-less warfighters is the least I can do to say "thank you" for what they do as they put themselves in harm's way every day to ensure that we continue to enjoy the freedoms that we assume will always be ours....

Blog Entries
    Wonderful Quilt!! :D You are so thoughful to do these projects for our Wounded Warrior's!! God Bless You my dear.
    :D :D :D :D

As a Mother of a wounded warrior the quilts are a wonderful loving gift that builds up their spirts. I work with the Moms of Miltary service persons in Sonoma county. We have since moved to Folsom but still keep in touch with the MOMs The work they do and all the other groups that do these wonders it heartwarming. The quilts are something these boys and girls need to comfort them. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for thinking of our babies.

Blog Entries
    Wonderful!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast