Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Yeah! Mom's quilt is finished

My #5 quilt. :D
    I made this for my mother. Promised her it would be finished before she came home from the hospital. I met the deadline! I put a label on the back- it is made my her favorite daughter! :lol: ( I am the only daughter so I win by default!) :wink:

The pattern is called "Breakfast in Bed". They had the 9 patch two colors-I wanted to break up so much green and bring in some of the backing color (the gold/tan paisley) The other blocks are rail fence (off white and green) and just floral squares. I adjusted the sizes so it would be a little smaller. I used a cotton/silk batting and it shrunk 2 inches each way. The finished size is 62 x 50. Should be just right for post surgery napping.

Mom needs some flowers in her life right now and she loves pansies :!:

Attached Images Attached Images      

Wahoo!!! Outstanding job! And it doesn't matter that you're the only daughter- you are still the favorite!! I see a lot of hugs and love in your quilt. You've earned yourself a bubble bath.

Blog Entries
    It's beautiful, and what better way to recouperate from- well anything, actually, than covered or wrapped in a quilt-- especially one made by the daughter she was blessed with!

this is a very pretty quilt. i totally love it. :!: :!: :!:

You've definitely earned the "favorite daughter" title. She's obviously a favorite mom!
    Beautiful quilt!

Oh My! That is just Gorgeous 2 Doods! :) Mom is going to love it. What a beautiful welcome home. :)

Good for you! Meeting your deadline! It turned out wonderful! Your "favorite daughter" comment reminded me of a story...happened not too long after hubby and I were married.....

My hubby ALWAYS tells my mom, "your my favorite mother-in-law" and one time my gramma, bless her heart, was present when he said it, and she got the funniest look on her face and turned to my mother and said "Well....your his ONLY mother-in-law, aren't you?" LOL

Blog Entries
    That is one beautiful quilt! I love everything about it. Your mom will be so happy--and proud. :thumbup: :-D :thumbup:

I love it. I am a sucker for pansies. Never saw one I didn't like!

You did it! Hooray! It turned out beautifully! :D :D :D

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast