Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Yesterdays project and a couple of lap tops

Yesterdays project and a couple of lap tops

In about a month I get to go down to FL and pick up two of my DGD's, ages 5 and 7, for a few days. We are going to go to one of the amusement parks as they have never been.

I saw a pic of this crayon/coloring book carrier online yesterday morning, thought it was a good idea to give them something to do in the car, hotel, while waiting for meals, etc. So I got out an old coloring book, did some measuring and this is what I came up with. I also put two outside pockets for other "stuff". I was concerned about crayons melting in the heat in my car so put colored pencils in it, the twist up kind so I dont have to worry about a sharpener. Here is the first one. Will finish the second this morning.

In the beginning of the week I took some panels I had and put together two simple lap size tops for them. I am going to back with either minky or fleece, no batting for them to use in the car if the air gets too cold and also at the hotel. I always travel with my fav quilt, I hate using hotel blankets, so they will see that and want one too.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

Blog Entries
    Very cute and clever ideas. Great idea to use the colored pencils instead of crayons.
    Joyce

Excellent "travel with kids" ideas. Well done, they will have a lot of fun with these.
    Lori - MamaBear

Wonderful work, enjoy!!!!!!!!

Go Grammy (or Granny or Nana - whatever they call you). You did a wonderful job of making items that will make your/their trip much nicer. Very thoughtful.

Everyone looks great!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

What a neat idea to make a busy hands organizer for them. You are a smart grandma. I am sure they will always remember this trip with you and treasure the quilt keepsakes too.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

Very nice projects. Nice bright colors.

Excellent ideas and very nice work. I am sure your DGDs will love them.

Great job! I made the crayon holders and crayon aprons for gifts and the kiddies did seem to enjoy them!

The panels are gorgeous - do you remember where you purchased them - I'm looking for something easy and girlie for charity quilts??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast