Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Zendoodle (art quilt?) Table Runner

Blog Entries

Zendoodle (art quilt?) Table Runner

I have been practicing zendoodles on some leaves and because I have been watching the Art Quilt Challenge I decided to make an "art quilt" wallhanging. I have been trying to post on the Art Quilt Challenge thread and for some reason it just will not work, so I thought I would post it here.

I highlighted the zendoodles with gold Lumiere paint because I didn't choose thread with a high enough contrast. Wendy, Susan and Linda asked how I did this, I really can't tell you that. I have been looking at sites and utube for the last week or so and practicing on paper until I got brave enough to try the FMQ. Surprisingly it was easier than I thought. Maybe because I am FMQing much slower and smaller than I usually do. Anyway, here is one of the papers I practiced on and photos of the wallhanging.

PS: I really like the Lumiere paints. Bought them last year at a quilt show but had never used them!
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Power Poster
    ​Wow, very pretty! I think it looks great as a wallhanging.

Blog Entries
    Wow is right.
    I have been doodling also
    but not brave enough to try on fabric

Love what you did on this one. It is just gorgeous. I know the people over on the art challenge thread would love it too. You technique is looking soooo good. I know I often have trouble with FMQ not coming out 'right'...it's a good reminder to slow down. That's always hard for me.

So sorry it wouldn't go up on the other thread. That is odd. I will try and see what that problem was for you. Don't give up on that thread it is so much fun to try and hear about new ideas.
    Suzie
    Author; I Don't Know Where I Want to Be -But it Isn't Here!

I'm not normally "into" art quilts but I may have to change my tune after seeing this beauty! It's stunning & I LOVE it! Wow! If this is you "doodling", I'd love to see what happens when you really put your back into it!!!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´
    ¸.•´
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´(¸.• (¸.•´¸¸.•¨¯`•.¸¸.♥ rebecca

wow-you did great at the doodle quilting.I want to learn to do that
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Upnorthcrafter

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. My mind is just boggled. I love FMQ. I am so Victorian. This tells me I have to get more modern. Just gorgeous.
    DEB CAVAN

That makes a beautiful wall hanging. Your work is splendid! It is so pretty. You're my hero.
    Save the Earth!

It’s the only planet with Chocolate.

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    It really is beautiful. So the Lumiere paints are a sparkly fabric paint? It is so stunning and really highlighted everything so well. I'd say you have FMQing and zendoodling down pat!!!!!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

A beautiful art quilt. I love it.
    Jojos Nana, Carol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast