Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Zodiac blocks

It worked! Not that I would ever doubt the mama!! :) I used her Shout Triple Action Stain Remover, let them soak for 6 hours, then a couple of hours in the washing machine...and ta da!! No more stains! So as you can see....the middle is the actual big picture of the zodiac sign, then in the upper left corner, I used the glyph that represents the sign; lower right, I used the glyph of the sign that is opposite it on the zodiac; upper right is the glyph of the ruling planet; and lower left is the metal of the sign. All four of the glyphs have been done in colors that correspond with it's respective zodiac signs. Since I've had to wash them three times now, I will have to re-do the glyphs, but that's going to be easy!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Awesome!

They will be beautiful after the quilt is finished. That's a lot of stitching.

Blog Entries
    Yea! I will have to got some to keep just in case I need it. :thumbup: Please post a finish picture, I would love to see it. :P

Blog Entries
    Gorgeous quilt!

Blog Entries
    That's going to be wonderful when it's done. There's no way to salvage any of the corners? I know that aida cloth is really frayed, but maybe cut them down and incorporate them into the back somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    That's going to be wonderful when it's done. There's no way to salvage any of the corners? I know that aida cloth is really frayed, but maybe cut them down and incorporate them into the back somehow?
    if I cut them down, they will be too small for the corners like I want them...it won't take very long to redo the glyphs....they were pretty simple to do the first time! :)

What a fantastic idea zodiac quilt. And so much thought you put in to it.