Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   I almost fainted (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/i-almost-fainted-t112555.html)

Jeri 04-01-2011 07:25 AM

My son posted on Face Book that he was engaged. He lives several hundred miles away. I had to call to see if it was for real and he started laughing. He wanted to see what kind of response he would get. Well, he sure got a rise out of his mother!!! It was an April Fools joke.

quiltinggrandmaca 04-01-2011 07:26 AM

That wasn't even nice of him to do that. Sure would get my dander up that's for sure.

Up North 04-01-2011 07:38 AM

Hey my son e mailed me a pic of an engagement ring on a friday a pic of a marriage license on Sunday and got married on Monday!! At least your was just an April fools Joke!

quilter1943 04-01-2011 07:57 AM

Wow! What a joke. Glad you didn't have a stroke or something. Bet if he is in a serious relationship, she must have been excited to see it too. Now I don't think I'll leave the house today. Had forgotten about April Fool.

HummerGardenCrafts 04-01-2011 08:00 AM

What a April fools joke!

chairjogger 04-01-2011 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Jeri
My son posted on Face Book that he was engaged. He lives several hundred miles away. I had to call to see if it was for real and he started laughing. He wanted to see what kind of response he would get. Well, he sure got a rise out of his mother!!! It was an April Fools joke.

what is up with these kids. I log on.. my niece is having to move 6 states away to from her southern beautiful home.

April fools at this age is mean. I vote boooooo.

Rebecca VLQ 04-01-2011 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinggrandmaca
That wasn't even nice of him to do that. Sure would get my dander up that's for sure.

My daughter did that, not on April Fools. I think she's waiting for me to say something about it. I know it's young love/playing house. AND she'd LOVE for me to say something about it.

FACEBOOK official? Pshhht...whatever!

Kappy 04-01-2011 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ

Originally Posted by quiltinggrandmaca

My daughter did that, not on April Fools. I think she's waiting for me to say something about it. I know it's young love/playing house. AND she'd LOVE for me to say something about it.

FACEBOOK official? Pshhht...whatever!

What is with this FACEBOOK official.....they seem to think that make's it a fact ! LOL The Gospel according to facebook! You're right....what-ev!

lots2do 04-01-2011 03:55 PM

We had a snow day today - for real and I was relieved that I didn't have to spend the day with third graders and their 'pranks'. What's funny to them at that age, sure isn't for me!

Melody 04-01-2011 03:57 PM

The best April fool's we ever had was our twin grandbabies... they are 17 today.