Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Okay Ladies, Time To 'Fess Up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/okay-ladies-time-fess-up-t113455.html)

Ps 150 04-04-2011 10:26 AM

We all have them. And if we say we don't, it just means that ours is in our heads, rather than on paper/whiteboards/folders. I'm talking about our "To-Do" lists, more specifically, our QUILTING To-Do lists.

As I find pics on the internet (mainly this wonderful board), I save pics I like to a folder titled, "Quilts To Try" and there they sit until I get around to them. The more pressing projects or ones I particularly want to start right away go on a list on a whiteboard in my sewing room. I started one before I even knew all the basics of quilting never once emptied the list since I just kept adding to it. Some of the pics in my folder are even floor designs (hardwood and tile) that I want to convert to quilt patterns.

So, my question is this; what's on your Quilting To-Do list right now? What are the quilts you want to try or challenge yourself with??

SugarD14523 04-04-2011 10:27 AM

A One block wonder quilt is calling me!

Airwick156 04-04-2011 10:32 AM

A bargello in browns and creams is calling my name. Also a black and white bargello, but I am thinking I need to add some grays with the black and white one. But right now I am starting to get fabric one peice at a time, but at least its ONE peice!!!

Country1 04-04-2011 10:32 AM

Dresden

quiltlady37 04-04-2011 10:35 AM

My Dad had a log cabin on his farm by his farm pond. My youngest son loves that cabin and spends quite a lot of time there. I have a wonderful picture of it. I would like to make him a quilt with that cabin and the water as my center block. I don't want to copy a picture of it, I would like to make it from fabric. Still contemplating exactly how I am going to do it.

bjeriann 04-04-2011 10:36 AM

My list is so long it would be like a book. I keep looking at them and rearranging the order that I want to do them in. So maybe someday I'll get most of them done. The list gets longer and longer.

Ps 150 04-04-2011 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
My list is so long it would be like a book. I keep looking at them and rearranging the order that I want to do them in. So maybe someday I'll get most of them done. The list gets longer and longer.

Same here! I don't think my list will ever be empty!

Vicki W 04-04-2011 10:43 AM

ooh my, a long list, a crazy quilt (saving up velvets, silks etc for it), a special quilt for my Mom (all lavenders), a special quilt for each daughter (patterns to be determined), a sunbonnet sun for one daughter, a double wedding (just because I have always loved the pattern), a special quilt for DH (will have to have some Tennesse orange), a big boy quilt for DGS for when he gets his big boy bed. Nuff said, I will never get them all done.

erstan947 04-04-2011 10:44 AM

Because of the board I have added to my list quilts I didn't even know I wanted to make. The board opened the world of quilting that I did not know existed. :) I'm in heaven, well almost:)

sewcrafty 04-04-2011 10:52 AM

Fess up time! Oh my!!

I have a to-do and then a saving up to-do. :lol:

To do:
Son's quilt
2 more quilts for son
sis's handquilting to be finished (letting arm heal)
patriot's quilt for dh
lap quilt for FR
2 baby
purple scrappy
Shower curtains & valance for bathroom ;)

Saving things for to-dos:
ties for grandmother's fan
1.5" square and HST's for quilt
crazy
Cut up jeans for rag

That's all I can think of right now. :shock: