Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Retirement Quilt for Boss (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/retirement-quilt-boss-t131269.html)

qbquilts 06-17-2011 02:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's the retirement quilt for my boss. I had everyone sign a 5" (finished) square that I used for the center of a double-puss-in-corner block (my design). I did quilt as you go with the sashing strips method. I machine sewed down the sashing strips and the binding. It's made from recycled shirts, except for the signature blocks, sashing, and binding. It finished about 62" x 77.5"

Not my best quilt, but I kept procrastinating on it in hopes that he isn't really leaving. Sadly, that didn't work and I was up until 3 AM last night (well, this morning) finishing it. Technically he's not until the end of the summer, but today was his last full time day. He's taking a long vacation/time off (much needed & deserved) and then starting in mid-July will be extremely part time as more of a consultant until we're sure we've switched everything okay. He's been with the company since the beginning (26 years), so it's a new experience to not have him there daily.

Retirement Quilt - front
[ATTACH=CONFIG]213006[/ATTACH]

Retirement Quilt - back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]213007[/ATTACH]

MamaBear61 06-17-2011 02:49 PM

Well done, very masculine, he will love it.

craftybear 06-17-2011 02:53 PM

love the quilt

BeeNana 06-17-2011 02:54 PM

Perfect quilt for a man. Very nice job and I'm sure will be well appreciated.

pjaco 06-17-2011 03:00 PM

Very Nice !!

BeckyL 06-17-2011 03:02 PM

Lucky man, both to get this wonderful quilt and to get to retire. Apparently he was a good boss.

suebee 06-17-2011 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by qbquilts
Here's the retirement quilt for my boss. I had everyone sign a 5" (finished) square that I used for the center of a double-puss-in-corner block (my design). I did quilt as you go with the sashing strips method. I machine sewed down the sashing strips and the binding. It's made from recycled shirts, except for the signature blocks, sashing, and binding. It finished about 62" x 77.5"

Not my best quilt, but I kept procrastinating on it in hopes that he isn't really leaving. Sadly, that didn't work and I was up until 3 AM last night (well, this morning) finishing it. Technically he's not until the end of the summer, but today was his last full time day. He's taking a long vacation/time off (much needed & deserved) and then starting in mid-July will be extremely part time as more of a consultant until we're sure we've switched everything okay. He's been with the company since the beginning (26 years), so it's a new experience to not have him there daily.

Sounds like a great boss! Sadly there arent that many around in the corp world. I love love love this quilt. Very masuline. I think you did a fabulous job. Love the back too. WAY TO GO!!!

Cherylsea 06-17-2011 03:15 PM

WOw! That is a great guys quilt!

merrylouw 06-17-2011 03:16 PM

It really turned out great! I'm sure there'll be some separation anxiety coming up, but I bet you'll all do fine. Hope he has a happy retirement.

QUILTNMO 06-17-2011 03:24 PM

very pretty