Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Help looking for certain fabric please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/help-looking-certain-fabric-please-t132094.html)

taiboo 06-21-2011 08:33 AM

My babysitter is going to Ohio State in the fall....I wanted to make her a quilt...I have read several posts about Ohio state and their logo's, however, I am looking for the fabric for the Colors of the school....How do you know which red is "it" and i believe the other colors are white, black and grey...right?

TIA

Kimberly

Janet Leigh 06-21-2011 08:46 AM

I'm sure there are many quilt shops that will do this for you, but I had a great experience with bearpawquilting.com They have a variety of collegiate fabric, I called them on the phone, told them which "main" fabric I wanted and asked them to pick out a yard each of 2 different solids that matched. They did. I was very satisfied with their choices.

gaigai 06-21-2011 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by taiboo
My babysitter is going to Ohio State in the fall....I wanted to make her a quilt...I have read several posts about Ohio state and their logo's, however, I am looking for the fabric for the Colors of the school....How do you know which red is "it" and i believe the other colors are white, black and grey...right?

TIA

Kimberly

Kimberly look up quilt shops in Columbus, OH online and then give one of them a call. I'm sure they all have OSU fabric, and would be happy to sell you some along with coordinating fabrics.

stpatmom 06-21-2011 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by taiboo

TIA

Kimberly

Contact Red Rooster Quilts out of Dublin Ohio. They have a website and online ordering. I have seen OSU themed quilts as samples in their store. (Dublin is a suburb of Columbus so it's not too far from campus.)

romanojg 06-21-2011 09:39 AM

I just found out lately that Glidden paint has the copyrights on all of the college colors. My rep is Home Depot and I went there and they have a flier you can get. I had them mix the colors for my home state WV; blue and gold. Try that.

Ramona Byrd 06-21-2011 10:11 AM

Be very sure to put her name on it, plus yours. She will most likely have several room mates over the years, and some of them might accidently take her stuff with them.

For just that reason, one of my granddaughters is keeping her hope chest stuff at her parents' home, and just keeping the larger, harder to remove stuff there.

Just Me... 06-21-2011 10:12 AM

I would call Glass Thimble in Columbus. I have been to all of the shops in C-bus and they have the biggest selection.

sueisallaboutquilts 06-21-2011 10:27 AM

Scarlet and gray and yes, any shop in Columbus will have more than you'll need in a lifetime!! LOL