Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Week 47 Blocks 93 & 94 Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-week-47-blocks-93-94-discussion-page-t132196.html)

Honchey 06-21-2011 04:34 PM

We're getting closer and closer!!! Pretty soon we'll be there. Now to the next thread for some goodies! Anne

QuiltingNinaSue 06-21-2011 05:50 PM

Have enjoyed everyone's comments and encouragement to get all the blocks done. And enjoyed seeing everyone's blocks. It is sonice to find a lovely site to be able to do this projejct. Thanks to all the admin and others and sponsors for having us on their site. Three cheers for them.

Honchey 06-21-2011 06:13 PM

August 23rd is "D" Day....."D" for DONE!!! :P :P :P

janRN 06-21-2011 06:33 PM

This is my favorite day of the week--can't wait to see all the blocks posted.
I didn't "get" #93 Swallow--looks more like a turtle to me. I made the center white--is that the swallow? and then used blue to look like sky. That block just didn't fit the name.
Thanks everyone for all the encouragement and knowledge you've been so gracious to share. This has been the greatest adventure!

Honchey 06-21-2011 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by janRN
This is my favorite day of the week--can't wait to see all the blocks posted.
I didn't "get" #93 Swallow--looks more like a turtle to me. I made the center white--is that the swallow? and then used blue to look like sky. That block just didn't fit the name.
Thanks everyone for all the encouragement and knowledge you've been so gracious to share. This has been the greatest adventure!

I had to keep on turning the block to see where the swallow is in this block. If you look at the bottom right corner that is where the head of the bird is... the tail is the top left corner where the dark part of the HST is.

grannyQ 06-22-2011 07:21 AM

I also have had a great time doing these blocks with all the nice ladies. It was so nice doing these with people who have quilting in common. I don't have anyone to talk about quilting, so thanks to all the ladies. Everyones blocks are so pretty, lots of different colors and fabrics. Thank you so much.

Quilting Nonnie 06-22-2011 09:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have loved being a part of this group. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. I couldn't have done this without a group.

Here are my swallow and tall pine tree. I actually love the swallow block and the way it looks (strange me!). I found the pine tree difficult because I have problems with paper piecing triangles and having them cover the spot they're supposed to. HST are fine, but the triangles in this drove me half crazy!

PiecesinMn 06-22-2011 11:05 AM

Let's keep the year open. I'm only on block 30. LOL

Originally Posted by Honchey
August 23rd is "D" Day....."D" for DONE!!! :P :P :P

Quilting Nonnie 06-22-2011 01:44 PM

Oops! I posted in the wrong place. :oops: I wondered why I was the first to post blocks! And I was so proud of myself!