Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I am so ashamed of the way my sewing room looks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-am-so-ashamed-way-my-sewing-room-looks-t134294.html)

CAJAMK 06-30-2011 01:36 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Now granted...I just had knee surgery 3 weeks ago and I work full time. But for the last 3 weeks I have not been workin due to the surgery. But I look at all of these beautiful organized rooms and feel so ashamed! So looking at the pics the first being as you look to the right entering the room (which is only about 9ft x 10 ft) and the next pics sweep over the room...anyone have any suggestions? I can't afford anything to help me organize it as I have not made any money in 3 weeks and I support myself. But if anyone has suggestions I am sure open to them! It looks like a pig sty to me! I thought if I post here I may get some ideas!

craftybear 06-30-2011 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope you are feeling better from your surgery

Any quilting board members in your area that you know that can come and organize your room for you

1. you can store your totes under the tables and make a cute table cloth to throw over the table so you don't see them

2. do you have room for bookcases to help organize your things?

lawsonmugs 06-30-2011 01:40 PM

Well mine looks like that when I sew. Just needs a little pick up. When ya feel better you can do it. Till then shut the door. That's what it is for.lol Mary

CAJAMK 06-30-2011 01:40 PM

I really don't know any quilters in the area. I am rather new here. I plan to join a guild here right after I heal.

CAJAMK 06-30-2011 01:41 PM

My mom is coming Sat for a small cookout...she is a neat freak. Me? I like a clean home but not sterilized! She will have a cow when she sees this! LOL! Of course I really should get over that I am 55!

New Quilter 06-30-2011 01:42 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself...I had hip replacement surgery 3 yrs ago...and compared to my space, yours is very, VERY neat...but I am in the process of redoing a downstairs spare bedroom into my quilting cave...it's just taking longer than I thought...good luck with your recovery... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Naomi

Ioftheneedle 06-30-2011 01:45 PM

As much as I love baskets my advise it to replace them in this room with plastic tubs that stack, maybe under a table.

Don't discard the baskets though. Find another use for them.

patricej 06-30-2011 01:47 PM

mine looks a lot worse than that most of the time. :lol:

Barbm 06-30-2011 01:50 PM

Just neaten it up a bit. Fold fabric, stack them on the shelves so they look pretty. Take your notions and put them in the baskets and display them, like you planned it that way. Make a table skirt and velcro it to the table. You can peel it off to change it or be able to get in there. Lots of "free" things to do.

Twisted Quilter 06-30-2011 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by CAJAMK
It looks like a pig sty to me! I thought if I post here I may get some ideas!

Doesn't look tooooo bad. If you want to see a pig sty, you should see my sewing area. Nope, not taking any pictures!