Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My Anniversary Gift! I was so not expecting this lol (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-anniversary-gift-i-so-not-expecting-lol-t137461.html)

AbbyQuilts 07-13-2011 06:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So my husband says he got my anniversary gift and that he had to give it to me today (anni is on Aug 4th) because he can not hide it. Well we were talking on the phone and I thought I heard something in the background but I couldnt be sure and he wanted off the phone.

Some of you may have seen my quilt I am desperately trying to finish before our anniversary. This is our 10 year anniversary and although we dont have much money I wanted something special.

My hunny found me a bird. I love birds and we had to give up my last 2 birds when we moved here to PA because Quakers are illegal here and I didnt want to risk being caught and having my baby put to sleep.

So here he is my new baby (sort of looks like a chicken because he is missing all of his feathers). Old owners didn't take real good care of him, and that how hubby was able to afford him :)

Just thought I would share. I have not come up with a name. My dog is Sassy my cat is named Sebastian and my old birds names were Sweetie and Sarah. I think we need to back away from the S names lol.

Treasureit 07-13-2011 06:54 PM

So if you don't get the whole quilt done before your anniversary = it will be OK - just tell him it will be done by the time the whole bird is there! LOL :lol:

RkayD 07-13-2011 06:55 PM

Oh my gosh..how sweet! Luckily he found someone to tend to him who will love him and take care. His feathers will grow back in no time. =)

AbbyQuilts 07-13-2011 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Treasureit
So if you don't get the whole quilt done before your anniversary = it will be OK - just tell him it will be done by the time the whole bird is there! LOL :lol:

Ohh my gosh I so love that!!!

sammygirlqt 07-13-2011 06:57 PM

He is such a beautiful bird and he is lucky to have you to care for him. Will his feathers grow back. Poor thing, can you knit him a sweather or something. Happpy Anniversary.

craftybear 07-13-2011 06:58 PM

how cute, thanks for sharing

Sweetie Pie

crochetetc 07-13-2011 06:59 PM

I absolutely love birds and have 5 of my own. A good place to get some great toys to keep him busy and away from his feathers is www.parrottoyangels.com and a good food source is www.mysafebirdstore.com . The mixes are great and not junk, shipping is really reasonable.

AbbyQuilts 07-13-2011 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by sammygirlqt
He is such a beautiful bird and he is lucky to have you to care for him. Will his feathers grow back. Poor thing, can you knit him a sweather or something. Happpy Anniversary.

The feathers will grow back. When they get stressed they pluck them out. Its a coping thing. I dont know how long as I have never had a bird pluck but my husband has he is a big bird guys so he knows all about them.

blueangel 07-13-2011 07:02 PM

Beautiful bird

cjomomma 07-13-2011 07:09 PM

Oh poor baby! I'm glad he has a new home. His feathers will be back in no time. I love birds but don't have any because DH doesn't care for them.