Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How old is your oldest UFO? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-old-your-oldest-ufo-t139167.html)

Quilt4u 07-21-2011 04:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have been out of work for three weeks now and have an other three or more to go due to another knee replacement. So I have been trying to get into my sewing room to work on my UFOs. I did not know I had that many that I brought with me when we moved. But I guess I did. And The oldest is 9 years old. I am now trying to get this one done . It is a Log Cabin quilt as you go. I have all the blocks done well almost I just have to cut all those threads off the back . Why I did not do it when I made them I don't know. And I have a good idea how to put them blocks together although I never did it before. So how old is your UFOs?

Tinabodina 07-21-2011 04:26 AM

Ok, I fess up - my oldest UFO is 15 year old. I know, I have decided to put it together and finish is this August.

Glassquilt 07-21-2011 04:29 AM

I don't know and I'm don't want to know. :)

michelehuston 07-21-2011 04:31 AM

Well, I got divorced in 2001, so I have tops from before that..oh, good grief..I need to get busy quilting but hand quilting takes so long!! :oops:

thequilterslink 07-21-2011 04:34 AM

Not sure , but i have been quilting over 20 yrs, probably some squares from Lee Wards, oh what a crooked mess , will never finish that one lol, i keep around for a good laugh.

Holice 07-21-2011 04:41 AM

mine goes back to my unfinished BiCentennial quilt - that would be about 1974

quilter68 07-21-2011 04:44 AM

I don't go there!

Holice, I'll fess-up...my quilt is also a Bicentinial red,white and blue from that era. In 1976 I had about 20 visitors from my husbands' family . They live in the mid-west so it was a long summer. Maybe next winter with the Big Stitch.
Quilter 68 who will be 70 this week.

Ramona Byrd 07-21-2011 04:46 AM

In some strong Flylady de-cluttering, I discovered a bunch of squares that I'd made when my baby was about 5 or 6 years old. The little darling more or less designed them himself..there were several embroidered squares with his favorites on them. One was a huge, 5 inch Monarch butterfly like the one he and his dad had caught, one was his darling Doberman Kurt, one was his black and white cat Warlock, one was his tennis racquet. (he was good even then at Tennis) and one was a Boy Scout emblem (he went on to be an Eagle Scout), plus other things he loved at that age.

This past May he was 43 years old. I've really got to get this done one of these days. Maybe for this Christmas.

sarahconner 07-21-2011 05:09 AM

Good Morning ! I finished my sons's quilt about a yr ago and that I started 21 yrs ago. I finished a quilt for me that I began 20 yrs ago. Right now I have about 21 UFOs. How I get into trouble is at nite while asleep I dream up new designs

leatheflea 07-21-2011 05:30 AM

I finished one back in Jan. that was 23 years old. Now my oldest is 7.