Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   New owner of this older quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/new-owner-older-quilt-t139465.html)

candlequilter 07-22-2011 09:23 AM

3 Attachment(s)
As many of you might already know a picture of this quilt was posted earlier this year that created quite alittle chain of events. People started looking for a name for the block and many found similar looking blocks but not anything just like it. So I re-created a paper piece pattern for it and called it the Candlequilter Star block. Well, the original owner decided to sell it on ebay and I am now the proud owner of this beautiful quilt that lead me to designing my first pattern and hopefully many different quilt patterns from it. Don't worry I am not going to take this quilt apart to see how it was made. I will treasure it! I feel that the person who made this quilt did it using the english paper piecing technique similar to the grandmother's flower garden.

Anyway, I am so happy and I thought those of you who have seen or followed this quilt story would like to know the happy ending.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

MawMaw B 07-22-2011 09:25 AM

How nice that you were able to obtain your inspiration. Awesome.

alikat110 07-22-2011 09:26 AM

Nice

erstan947 07-22-2011 09:30 AM

I've followed this story. Love the origin of the quilt thru to the pp blocks. I can't wait to see a completed quilt made from your design:)

LyndaOH 07-22-2011 09:31 AM

That's a beautiful quilt! Congratulations on winning it!

hobo2000 07-22-2011 09:33 AM

It is indeed a beauty. I still have not finished my star to send to you. With hubby having problems with his back, he keeps me running. It just popped into my head when I looked at the quilt, you could substitute the square in the sashing for another small star. I can see you coming up with many versions. Thanks so much for sharing the journey.

Lori S 07-22-2011 09:46 AM

How nice you have the orginal from which all that inspiration came ! I can see why you had to pursue the pattern and finally drafted your own.

suebee 07-22-2011 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
As many of you might already know a picture of this quilt was posted earlier this year that created quite alittle chain of events. People started looking for a name for the block and many found similar looking blocks but not anything just like it. So I re-created a paper piece pattern for it and called it the Candlequilter Star block. Well, the original owner decided to sell it on ebay and I am now the proud owner of this beautiful quilt that lead me to designing my first pattern and hopefully many different quilt patterns from it. Don't worry I am not going to take this quilt apart to see how it was made. I will treasure it! I feel that the person who made this quilt did it using the english paper piecing technique similar to the grandmother's flower garden.

Anyway, I am so happy and I thought those of you who have seen or followed this quilt story would like to know the happy ending.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter

I am soooooooooo jealous, its awesome! Thank you for sharing

jazzy519 07-22-2011 09:56 AM

very nice

neeng 07-22-2011 09:56 AM

Sherryl, that is so nice! And it's a beautiful quilt, lovely colours and it's nice to see the setting she used.

I still owe you my star. Will try to get it completed this week and off to you.