Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Chocolate Zuchini Cake (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/chocolate-zuchini-cake-t142384.html)

Sassylass 08-03-2011 12:59 PM

With all the zucchinis coming on in the garden I thought you might like this recipe. Tis delicious!!

2 1/2 c all purpose flour
1/2 c cocoa powder
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup butter
2 c sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 c of shredded zucchini
1/2 c milk.
1 c chopped walnuts or pecans.

Preheat oven to 350.
Combine butter,sugar and eggs add vanilla stir in zucchini and milk Add dry ingredients and nuts last.
Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch tube or bundt pan.
Bake 50 min . Tet at 45min.
Can add a glaze but this is nice just the way it is.
Less calories too..so we can have two pieces LOL

Sassylass 08-03-2011 03:36 PM

That should be test not tet....sorry..can't seem to correct it any way but another post.

quiltinghere 08-03-2011 04:16 PM

sounds delicious and I'll bookmark.

Now if we could get the temperature below 80 I'd turn the oven on...

Crabby Patty 08-03-2011 05:24 PM

A friend of mine makes this recipe and it is go die for. I tried it once and mine didn't taste like hers so I asked her what she did differently. She said it was the secret ingredient. It seems that she adds just a touch of black walnut flavoring and you would be surprised how much difference it makes. Love it. Thanks for sharing your recipe it jogged my mind about it.

Psychomomquilter 08-04-2011 03:32 AM

thats what I like, chocolate with a zing and can have 2 pieces! I will have a small group in a few weeks, I think I am going to make this ! thanks for the recipes.
if you have anymore, bring 'em on!!

p/s do you peel the pealing? and seed them?

like I said, just want to get it right.

Sassylass 08-04-2011 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter
thats what I like, chocolate with a zing and can have 2 pieces! I will have a small group in a few weeks, I think I am going to make this ! thanks for the recipes.
if you have anymore, bring 'em on!!

p/s do you peel the pealing? and seed them?

like I said, just want to get it right.

No I don't peel the young ones but if they are huge ones then I would peel and seed.but not the littler ones.
Enjoy..just don't tell them that there is zucchin in it and see if they notice...just think eating a veggie with dessert :)

blueangel 08-04-2011 05:07 AM

I love this recipe

Kathy T. 08-04-2011 06:53 AM

I just came back from a trip to Virginia where a friend made this with the veggies fresh from her garden ... it was excellent!

Psychomomquilter 08-04-2011 07:17 AM

now I just have to try it!! again thanks for the recipe

farmquilter 08-04-2011 07:48 AM

Good that our zukes are coming on strong now. My daughter suggested we donate some of ours to a stand along the roadside. : )
Thanks
Jan
I printed the dessert squares also, will bake them for daughter/family to take to work