Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   paypal experiences (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/paypal-experiences-t146988.html)

Nantie 08-22-2011 07:32 AM

I just found a lovely site, a lady from Romania (Greta, i believe) has beautiful quilt patterns for downloading for $5, but only accepts PayPal. i read the particulars on paypal on their site and now are more confused. Has anyone got any feedback on using the site, how best to set up an account, or whatever. i don't see myself using this type of account often and wonder if i should even attempt it....thanks

Vanuatu Jill 08-22-2011 07:34 AM

I don't understand it either, so I will be watching this thread closely. My son has an account, so I wonder if I would be able to use his the few times I might have the opportunity

kathy 08-22-2011 07:34 AM

just reread, slowly, it's really pretty simple and makes online shopping way easier, with Geta or many other shops, some have had bad experiences but most have had good

bjeriann 08-22-2011 07:36 AM

I've used paypal for years, never had any problems. I like it for ebay and buying from members here. Fast and easy. I think once you have it setup you'll use it.

kathy 08-22-2011 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill
I don't understand it either, so I will be watching this thread closely. My son has an account, so I wonder if I would be able to use his the few times I might have the opportunity

that would be up to him, it uses his password, his e-mail address and his money,

;-)

erstan947 08-22-2011 07:40 AM

Using paypal you have some purchase protection. I use it all the time on e-bay and Fabric.com. You can have the funds come directly from your checking account or credit card. I like to use my checking account I tend to spend more wisely than on a cc. Some don't feel safe using the internet purchases but I don't feel safe using my cc or checks at the mall with a min wage clerk that just started yesterday. The best think to do is what you feel comfortable doing.

ptquilts 08-22-2011 07:42 AM

Paypal will protect you against not receiving what you bought. The seller must prove it was delivered to you.
Now remember if it is electronically delivered ( a download) you have NO protection. I would be very wary.

MTS 08-22-2011 07:46 AM

Both PayPal and Geta (even more so) are completely reliable. :mrgreen:

Just a note as this happened to me the first time I bought a Geta pattern. It was a while ago, but I'll pass this onto you just in case this might happen to you.

After paying, you should get a confirmation email from both Paypal and Geta.

The one from PayPal is automatically generated.

I'm not sure about the one from Geta, so it might take a bit longer as she might manually send out those confirmation emails.

The email from Geta will have the details about downloading the pattern. Sometimes, this email might end up in your spam folder. I don't why, but it's happened to me a few times. Not a big deal at all.

So don't panic if you can't find it in your inbox. You can always email her for confirmation that she sent it.

(I think it keeps happening because I have multiple PayPal emails and don't always bother setting up spam parameters ;-) )

sunflower126 08-22-2011 07:48 AM

I use PayPal whenever I can. I have never had any problems.

Crqltr 08-22-2011 07:49 AM

I use pay pal a lot and have never had a problem. I use it for embroidery designs, they do instant delivery and also for bay.