Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Did I Do A Boo Boo Yesterday!!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/did-i-do-boo-boo-yesterday-t156722.html)

DJRustic 09-29-2011 05:58 AM

Quilting gets me in so much trouble sometimes---- like yesterday!!!
I was going to have a salad for dinner last nite & wanted some boiled eggs in it. I put 6 eggs on to boil & went downstairs to my quilt room. I got so involved in sewing, I was putting the last border on my fall quilt. I heard a loud bang, looked out the windows in my sewing room ( in walk out basement) & saw hubbie out back stacking firewood. Thought this is what I heard, went back to sewing.
Sister came down & said did you have eggs on the stove. I went flying up those stairs to find smoke & eggs all over the place & I do mean all over the place. Pan was stuck on stove ( glass top) When it cooled off came a huge piece of glass. After clening I have a crack across the glass. Makes me sick. The stove is only 1 yr old. This is going to be a very expense quilt I am afraid. Needless to say we did not have our salad for dinner.
Have any of you ever done this.? I feel so stupid.

jamsbuying 09-29-2011 06:00 AM

oops!

AlwaysQuilting 09-29-2011 06:01 AM

Oh my! I'm sorry about your year old stove but I'm glad no one was hurt. I guess you weren't meant to have that salad w/eggs for dinner last night.
You should name your quilt "EGGS-actly" or something.

Wagoza 09-29-2011 06:01 AM

This is what we refer to in my house as 'burnt offerings'. I have not forgotten the eggs but the french bread has seen better days...

Granna of 5 09-29-2011 06:04 AM

I have forgotten eggs boiling and man do they explode! So sorry about your all but new stove.

ptquilts 09-29-2011 06:05 AM

I cook on a wood stove at home but we were staying at a place that has a glass top stove- I put a pan of water on to boil with a coffee strainer it it that I wanted to clean. Forgot all about it until I smelled something funny, water had all boiled out and plastic handle of strainer was melted a bit. Good thing it didn't damage the stove, wasn't my stove!!

DebbyT 09-29-2011 06:06 AM

I have left eggs to boil and they went dry and ruined pans but didn't explode. Now I know what could have happened. I set timers for everything now. Once I go in the sewing room for that 1-3 minute task, it always adds to more and if I don't set the timer something either burns or I forget to pick-up a kid, or late for an appt. I can't multi-task without my timers. For me I think it is the age thing.

AprilG 09-29-2011 06:06 AM

I burned beans like that. Do you know how bad that smells? I stand and watch my bean soup now! Paranoid I guess.

mtspools 09-29-2011 06:06 AM

I have done that with potatoes and eggs only caught them as they just boild dry and burned A bit on the bottom.

sewwhat85 09-29-2011 06:07 AM

i had to have the top of my stove replaced when i moved in had a crack