Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My new grandbaby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-new-grandbaby-t158844.html)

Airwick156 10-07-2011 09:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
15 years ago, my friend was diagnosed with Anal Cancer. She had 4 children 2 boys and 2 girls. She had made me promise to always take care of her kids after she passed on so we made arrangements for me to "adopt" her kids. And so I did.
Well tonight, 4 hours ago, one of my adopted daughters gave birth to a little girl.
Her name is Nakomis Ocean Shore and she weighed 5 pounds 7 ounces, and was 17 1/4 inches long. She already has a little girl Amidda Lotus Blossom who is 8. Tonight, was the first time I met Amidda. She is just adorable. So now that makes me a Grandma again. I also got to see one of my adopted sons tonight too. Oh he looked horrible sad to say. He smelled like alcohol really bad, but I gave him a hug and told him I love him no matter what and that I hope he gets some help. He hugged me back and told me he loves me so much. Which made me almost cry but I held the tears back.
My other adopted daughter, she has 2 kids too a girl that is almost 5 and a little boy that is almost 2.

Daughter Emeth, Amidda and baby Nakomis and the baby quilt I made for her.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]267722[/ATTACH]

Nakomis Ocean Shore 2 hours old 5 pounds 7 ounces and Grandma Deanna
[ATTACH=CONFIG]267723[/ATTACH]

cathyvv 10-07-2011 09:11 PM

God Bless you all!

Airwick156 10-07-2011 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by cathyvv
God Bless you all!

Thank you Cathy. God Bless You too.

Lori Peercy 10-07-2011 09:14 PM

You are a very loving person and congratulations on your new grandchild!

Airwick156 10-07-2011 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
You are a very loving person and congratulations on your new grandchild!

Thank you Lori...You should have seen Charles Oh my Gosh you would have thought that he was the father he was so proud. As we were leaving we passed the nurses station and with the biggest smile he could muster up he tells them 'IM A GRANDPA" AND you take care of my granddaughter. LOL So then, were in the elevator with several other people in it and hes telling them all "I got a new granddaughter". LOL
Its great to know how proud he is. So now he has something WONDERFUL to tell his doctor when he goes in a couple of weeks. :)

jrharry 10-07-2011 09:20 PM

So precious!

lisainmo 10-07-2011 09:25 PM

Congrats Deanna...it is so wonderful to be a grandma!! SO SO precious! You are an inspiration in many ways to me, I do hope that your adopted son will get some help, but as you know he will need to make that decision, and in the meantime we will pray that he finds the right path.

Airwick156 10-07-2011 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by lisainmo
Congrats Deanna...it is so wonderful to be a grandma!! SO SO precious! You are an inspiration in many ways to me, I do hope that your adopted son will get some help, but as you know he will need to make that decision, and in the meantime we will pray that he finds the right path.

Thank you Lisa. I hope he does to he is only 22 and definately going in the wrong direction.

timepasser 10-07-2011 10:04 PM

What a wonderful person you are, congrats on the new baby

Jim's Gem 10-07-2011 10:24 PM

Congratulations!