Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   A Wonderful Day! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/wonderful-day-t164279.html)

Pam B 10-29-2011 05:31 PM

I am on Fall Break (Fri and Mon) from school and we generally try to get away for a few days like to Gatlinburg, TN or someplace fun. Well, this year harvest is still going on so hubby did not want to commit to going anyplace and then this week we discovered we have to replace our furnace. Yuck. So, I was resigned to the fact that we would be home and was looking forward to getting some quilting done.

Well, last evening he came in and asked if I had any plans for today and I said, "No" and he said to plan to get up fairly early...that we were going away for the day. We just got home...we went *antiquing* in several towns between home and Cincy that we drive through when going to visit our DD and her hubby. We always say we are going to stop but you know how it is! We also stopped at a furniture store that we have heard great reviews about and ended up ordering a new sofa, 2 swivel rocker recliners, and a new table/chair set for our kitchen! Woo-hoo!!! And, on the way home we decided to have our kitchen cabinets refinished and put in new kitchen floor. I am beyond excited tonight!!! Our current sofa/recliners are 20 years old and kitchen table was a hand-me-down that I have never liked very much. Hope to have everything completed by Thanksgiving!

needles3thread 10-29-2011 05:32 PM

Good!!! I'm happy for you. Doesn't it feel good to
get something new?

craftybear 10-29-2011 05:33 PM

wow, glad you had fun

Originally Posted by Pam B
I am on Fall Break (Fri and Mon) from school and we generally try to get away for a few days like to Gatlinburg, TN or someplace fun. Well, this year harvest is still going on so hubby did not want to commit to going anyplace and then this week we discovered we have to replace our furnace. Yuck. So, I was resigned to the fact that we would be home and was looking forward to getting some quilting done.

Well, last evening he came in and asked if I had any plans for today and I said, "No" and he said to plan to get up fairly early...that we were going away for the day. We just got home...we went *antiquing* in several towns between home and Cincy that we drive through when going to visit our DD and her hubby. We always say we are going to stop but you know how it is! We also stopped at a furniture store that we have heard great reviews about and ended up ordering a new sofa, 2 swivel rocker recliners, and a new table/chair set for our kitchen! Woo-hoo!!! And, on the way home we decided to have our kitchen cabinets refinished and put in new kitchen floor. I am beyond excited tonight!!! Our current sofa/recliners are 20 years old and kitchen table was a hand-me-down that I have never liked very much. Hope to have everything completed by Thanksgiving!

Murphy 10-29-2011 05:35 PM

Congratulations. It is always fun to spend the day with someone you really care about and do such fun filled things. Kudos on the new furniture. Pictures, pictures, pictures (smile). Thank you for sharing this wonderful day.

Jim's Gem 10-29-2011 05:40 PM

Glad that you had a good day!

Judith1005 10-29-2011 06:09 PM

well, that was a great day. I hope you do get everything in time for the holidays. doubley thankful. :D

QuiltnNan 10-29-2011 06:12 PM

wow, happy day!

athomenow 10-29-2011 06:14 PM

What a great day for you and hubby. Looking forward to something new for the house is always great.

sewbeadit 10-29-2011 06:26 PM

Oh, that is so great, enjoy them.

butterflies5518 10-29-2011 06:38 PM

What a fun day! Congrats on your new furniture and home remodel!