Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Met Elenor Burns today (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/met-elenor-burns-today-t164313.html)

sandraa 10-29-2011 09:43 PM

I'm at Houston market and met Elenor Burns. Such a lovely lady. I bought 3 of her rulers, and I can't wait to try them out.

brenda90159 10-29-2011 09:47 PM

I was there and meet her too, she is such a sweetheart. Will you be here for Festival next week? I live in Porter just north of Houston. This was my first time to market and for festival next week. I am excited I loved today. I met Patrick Lose, Ricky Tims, Carol Doak (I'm going on a cruise with her in March), Ty Pennington, Mary Fons. Great day!

Bobby's Girl 10-29-2011 10:00 PM

Oh, how excited you must have been! Eleanor is in my top 5 people I'd like to meet some day. I sewed almost all day today and threw my fabric trimmings onto the floor and thought of Eleanor every time. I have lots of her "Quilt in a Day" patterns, videos, and books. My son had a really good laugh when he saw her book "Still Stripping After 25 Years" on my bookshelf.

Gramof6 10-30-2011 12:55 AM

El is the same everyday, just as you see her on TV or in her video's. She amazes me at how gracious and friendly & happy she is after greeting people all day long! Always takes the time to acknowlege ya and talk as if you were long lost friends. She truly has more stamina and energy than anyone I have met. If I were in her shoes, I would be so tired by noon I would want everyone to go away!! Not her! Always smiling. I first met her in Tenn. & again 3 yrs in a row @ Houston.

OCQuilts 10-30-2011 03:38 AM

I know Im here too! She is just such a fun person! Did you see he parading around in her first lady dress! Shes great!

DeeBooper 10-30-2011 04:37 AM

That is one of my dreams...I want to meet her...you all are so lucky....enjoy!

QuiltnNan 10-30-2011 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by DeeBooper
That is one of my dreams...I want to meet her...you all are so lucky....enjoy!

ditto

sandraa 10-30-2011 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by brenda90159
I was there and meet her too, she is such a sweetheart. Will you be here for Festival next week? I live in Porter just north of Houston. This was my first time to market and for festival next week. I am excited I loved today. I met Patrick Lose, Ricky Tims, Carol Doak (I'm going on a cruise with her in March), Ty Pennington, Mary Fons. Great day!

I missed all the others you met, but am going back Monday to market and will be on lookout for them. I will be here for festival. Am sending pm with my cell.

greensleeves 10-30-2011 10:03 AM

Lucky Ladies all of you.

OCQuilts 10-30-2011 10:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I spent quite a bit of time with her today! I was buying dies for my shop,and they decided I had to meet Eleanor! So I got whisked over to where she was filming something, and she just chatted away! What fun!