Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Help! I am hooked on Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Series (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/help-i-am-hooked-evanovichs-stephanie-plum-series-t167459.html)

galvestonangel 11-10-2011 09:36 AM

Help! I am hooked on Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Series

Some of you recommended them in a thread about two weeks ago. I have read all the numbered ones, plus 4 of the between the numbers, and am holding my breath until Nov 22, when the next one comes out. I preordered so I would get it ASAP. I think I have spent my fabric budget this month for all the books. I have a Kindle so I get them immediately, love that feature. I have decided to read some again until I get the next one. I'll probably laugh as much the second time around, as I did the first.

Reading has kept me off the board and of course no sewing.

I love her family, Lulu is a hoot, and I drool over Ranger and Morelli. The characters that come into her life are hilarious. I love the way she explains things about living in Jersey.

I think my favorite character is Lulu, who is yours?

And I think she should stick with Morelli.

Cris 11-10-2011 09:40 AM

OMG, I am constantly laughing out loud when I read her books. Started on her set of books with the witches and warlocks, I would not recommend, not as funny. :)

Murphy 11-10-2011 09:41 AM

I really like Susan Wittig Alberts books. China Bayles mysteries.

VickyS 11-10-2011 09:55 AM

Plum fun! This is a great series that I've been trying to get all the books for. My husband turned me onto her series - he liked the bright bright covers and I have really enjoyed them. I still think Ranger is a lot of fun - Morelli seems a bit too taken for granted - too comfortable - to be fully appreciated by Stephanie. Ranger seems to be like her alter ego - what she would like to be if she could ever break free of her family, which she will never do.

Looking forward to the next one!

Joyce Ann 11-10-2011 10:53 AM

I'm looking forward to her new one. I just love the Grandma

bj 11-10-2011 11:34 AM

I like her grandmother. I hope I'm that feisty when I'm her age, although I might skip the "viewings". When I'm 80, I may take up drinking...that way people won't think I'm senile, they'll think I'm drunk!

Mariposa 11-10-2011 01:21 PM

I like them too! Fun series! I think Ranger would be my fave- he just gets things done, and folks don't mess with him for long.

Olivia's Grammy 11-10-2011 02:19 PM

My daughter and I have read all of them. There is suposed to be a movie of the first one released in Jan. Can't wait.

mary quilting 11-10-2011 02:23 PM

Love her too Last year or so. I walked into sam's and she was signing books I ran in line and made my DH go buy me the books(3 times love my DH)

Atomicdog 11-10-2011 02:41 PM

Love the Plum books! Lula is definitely my fav - and I'm way in the Morelli camp too! But I think I could be swayed over into the RAnger camp very easily!